YouTube Music’s Smart TV app brings all of your favourite music to the big screen and now there’s even more you can do with it.
YouTube have been expanding how YouTube Music works across devices including Nest speakers, smart speakers, and of course, smart TVs. They’ve just launched several new features for YouTube Music on smart TVs.
All smart TVs with the latest YouTube app can now:
- Enjoy your music library: Easily access your saved playlists and liked songs in your library, right in the YouTube Music tab within your YouTube app on your TV.
- Find the music you love: Updated visuals to showcase album and playlist artwork in their best form, making it easy to find the music you love.
There are also some extra special features coming just to TVs with Android TV OS and the Chromecast with Google TV:
- Access your uploads: Upload songs to your YouTube Music library from your computer, and access them on the big screen.
- Listen and look on TVs: A new playback interface now includes information like the song and artist name, and a progress bar as music plays.
- Explore tunes on your home screen: On devices with the Android TV home screen, you’ll see an all new YouTube Music row to help you find your next song – from old classics to new hits.
YouTube are planning even more new features coming to YouTube Music soon. With Google Play Music fully shutting down in place of YouTube Music at the start of this month the fresh service will now have their full focus for a great music streaming platform.