As an artist you want to make sure that your image on any platform represents you as best as possible, especially the world’s favourite video site.
YouTube is the internet’s largest home of creators and viewers. It is not just a hub for video but for creativity, for education, for connecting, and of course for music.
As an artist on YouTube an Official Artist Channel brings together all of your content from music videos, interviews, teasers, behind the scenes, and more!
To get an Official Artist Channel on YouTube you will need an existing YouTube channel that you own and have access to. Then you will need to ensure that you have at least 1 official music video on YouTube from a music distribution partner – Hello from RouteNote 👋
Once this has been requested, it usually takes 8 weeks to be reflected on YouTube.
Official Artist Channels provide you with:
- Organised content: The Official Artist Channel layout automatically organises your discography into an album section and your Official Music Videos into a new playlist. For a consistent fan experience across YouTube, you can’t edit these playlists. However, you can place one section above your locked video and album sections to promote anything you like on your Official Artist Channel.
- Discoverability in search: When your fans search for you on YouTube, they’ll be linked directly to your Official Artist Channel from your watch card on the right side of the screen.
- Promotional content: Choose what you want to highlight in the dedicated promotional shelf and in the featured video slot.
- Fan engagement: One verified and official channel where you can directly reach and engage with your fans on YouTube.
- YouTube Analytics: Track the performance of your channel and videos with real-time metrics and reports.