If you’re thinking of joining RouteNote from another digital music distributor this guide will show you just how easy it is and the benefits you get when you distribute music through RouteNote.
How do I move my music to RouteNote?
- Head to routenote.com and create an account – it’s quick and easy.
- Click “Create New Release” and enter the details for your single, EP or album and which stores you want to put them on. Ensure you use the same audio data, UPC, and ISRCs to keep your streaming data and listener’s favourites and playlist adds.
- Once you’ve uploaded your music your release will be sent to our team and then delivered to stores upon approval.
- Once it’s live, ensure the track-linking has worked. If it’s all gone through correctly, then you can notify your previous distributor to remove your releases.
- Now your releases are live through RouteNote, you’ve still got all of your streaming accolades, and your fans haven’t missed a beat!
Ensure that you upload your releases again through RouteNote before removing them with your previous distributor for correct track-linking. If you want to keep some releases on your old distributor and use RouteNote for new releases you can – the choice is all yours.
Why should I choose to distribute my music through RouteNote?
- It’s Free! – With RouteNote you can distribute your music to our many partners with no upfront costs. You keep 85% of all the royalties with no hidden costs, it’s that straightforward.
- Premium Offering – At RouteNote we want you to be in control and choose what works for you. That’s why we offer a separate premium model (see below) with which you keep 100% of royalties. You can easily switch between free and Premium anytime, and choose one or the other for individual releases.
- Store Partners – RouteNote works with the biggest stores and music streaming services. Send your music worldwide on Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Tidal, YouTube Music, Deezer and many more!
- SoundCloud Network – Do you have your music on SoundCloud? Monetize your music, for free! Find out more here.
- Global – No matter where you are in the world we can distribute your music.
- Free ISRCs and UPC/EANs – When you create a new release we’ll create an ISRC and UPC/EAN code for physical and digital release free, worldwide.
- Referrals – If you refer someone to sign up to RouteNote you can receive 2% of their earnings. That 2% comes out of RouteNote’s 15% cut and doesn’t affect the other artists royalties in any way.
What’s the differences between RouteNote’s free and Premium distribution?
Our free model is just that – Free! Release as much music as you want on any of our store partners as you like. You keep 85% of all earnings made.
With our Premium model you can choose to pay a small yearly fee and keep 100% of all your earnings on that release. Here’s how much it costs for different releases:
Singles – $10
EP – $20
Album – $30
Extended Album – $45
You can easily switch your individual releases between free and Premium at any time without any additional fees.