If you’re thinking of joining RouteNote from another digital music distributor this guide will show you just how easy it is and the benefits you get when you distribute music through RouteNote.
How do I move my music to RouteNote?
- Head to routenote.com and create an account – it’s quick and easy.
- Click “Create New Release” and enter the details for your single, EP or album and which stores you want to put them on. (If you already have a UPC and ISRC code for your release you can copy this over and you’ll keep information such as Spotify statistics.)
- Once you’ve uploaded your music and sent your release for moderation you will have to make sure that you’ve removed your release(s) from sale from your previous distributor.
- Once you’ve uploaded your release(s) to RouteNote and notified your previous distributor to remove them you will be moderated and up on stores in no time!
You need to make sure you’ve removed your music from your previous distributor if you’re re-uploading a release with us as duplicate releases on stores can lead to the complete removal of your release by stores. If you want to keep some releases on your old distributor and use RouteNote for new releases you can – the choice is all yours.
Why should I choose to distribute my music through RouteNote?
- It’s Free! – With RouteNote you can distribute you music to our many partners with no upfront costs. You keep 85% of all the royalties with no hidden costs, it’s that straightforward.
- Premium Offering – At RouteNote we want you to be in control and choose what works for you. That’s why we offer a separate premium model (see below) with which you keep 100% of royalties. You can easily switch between free and Premium anytime.
- Store Partners – RouteNote works with the biggest stores and music streaming services. Send your music worldwide on Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Tidal, Google Play Music, Deezer and many more!
- SoundCloud Network – Do you have your music on SoundCloud? Join our Network for free to make money on your tracks and free features like track visuals, featured profiles and Pro-Unlimited accounts. Find out more here.
- Global – No matter where you are in the world we can distribute your music.
- Free ISRCs and UPC/EANs – When you create a new release we’ll create an ISRC and UPC/EAN code for physical and digital release free, worldwide.
- Referrals – If you refer someone to sign up to RouteNote you can receive 2% of their earnings. That 2% comes out of RouteNote’s 15% cut and doesn’t affect the other artists royalties in any way.
What’s the differences between RouteNote’s free and Premium distribution?
Our free model is just that – free! Release as much music as you want on any of our store partners as you like. You keep 85% of all earnings made.
With our Premium model you can choose to pay a small yearly fee and keep 100% of all your earnings on that release. Here’s how much it costs for different releases:
Singles – $10
EP – $20
Album – $30
Extended Album – $45
You can easily switch your individual releases between free and Premium at any time without any additional fees.
If you’re having any issues you can send us an email at email@example.com or if you’d like some more information feel free to message us on Facebook.