SoundCloud have added new control for artists over their music when they’re on the go in the iOS SoundCloud app.
SoundCloud have added the ability for users to edit their tracks whilst on the go for iOS. Creators can change their track artwork easily on the go and edit the title if they feel like a new name is in order and can’t wait until they’re at a computer again.
Edit tracks on the go:
- Within the latest version of the iOS app, select the track you want to update
- Tap the three dots
- Select “Edit track”
- Update your artwork, track titles, descriptions, genre and privacy settings on the spot
- Once your tracks are ready to go, you can turn them from private to public
- After all that hard work, make sure your best tracks get heard first with the Spotlight feature, available to SoundCloud Pro subscribers
iOS users of the SoundCloud app can also now select their tracks to be in the Spotlight as their top track that comes up when people view their profile. Uploaders can select a single track or pin a whole playlist to the top of their page, simply from their phone.
Add music to your Spotlight from your phone:
- Just tap on the “Pin items to your profile” banner
- Select up to five tracks, albums or playlists and hit “Done”
- Review and save your selections
- See your priority content pinned to Spotlight where fans can play it the second they land on your profile
Hopefully we’ll see editing access and Spotlight selection come to SoundCloud’s Android app soon as well.