Expand your audience by creating an exciting Competition that anyone can enter. Everyone loves the idea of being a winner – allow that to become a reality for someone. It could push your artist name to new levels.
PUSH.fm is a platform that offers marketing tools for all levels of creatives. From Smart Links, to Pre-saves and Reward Links – you can attract and engage new audiences through a variety of features. Both a free and a Premium plan are offered, but the latest introduction has seen an expansion to the Premium option.
What are Competitions?
Please note: Competitions are a Premium feature, so your account must be upgraded before you can access them.
Competitions are a brand-new feature within the Premium plan. You get to create your own, set the rules and choose the prize. Your audience have the opportunity to enter the contest for free. Everyone’s a winner. Your accounts get a hike in followers, whether it be social or your music accounts and your fans are in with the chance of winning a prize.
Setting up your Competition is really easy. Simply enter a title, and a description, so your fans know what they could possibly win. Add yourself an exciting image that will draw people to your contest, and set a date and time for it to end. People will be able to enter until the closing date. Then, it’s up to you to pick a winner.
Your audience will need to complete the tasks presented to them in order for their entry to count. They can enter however, as many times as they want (providing they have multiple accounts to enter from). For example, if your tasks are to follow you on one of your artist pages within music stores and your fans have an account on both Apple Music and Spotify. They could enter via both accounts. Double the chance of winning.
Why Competitions could benefit musicians
Not only do Competitions engage your audience, but they also help it grow. Being in with a chance to win a prize without having to pay anything will attract a lot of people. There’s a potential therefore to grow your audience through this. Your artist pages will see an increase, because you’re setting the tasks.
As an artist you can request all entries must follow you on one of your streaming accounts. If you get 20 entries, that’s 20 new accounts following your music. Meaning upon your next release, you’ll have even more ears listening to your new tracks. You could end up with a whole new fanbase.
It’s not just music platforms you can request to be followed on. Instead, you could put the option of social media within your Competition. This again will be great for your growth. You won’t only have new followers on these platforms. You’ll also have shares and likes because you can request entries retweet or share your posts.
The more shares, likes, follows you get, the more your artist name grows overall. People can’t resist entering a Competition, especially when it’s free. You’re likely to have many new faces entering hoping to be the lucky winner. Once they’ve started interacting with you, it’s much easier to keep them interested.
How to create your own Competition
Please note: You will need to contact the winner yourself. PUSH will not choose a winner for you.
1. If you have not already created a PUSH.fm account. You will need to head to the platform, sign up and then upgrade your account. Your account can be upgraded by scrolling down your dashboard and choosing the upgrade account option. Check out the pricing tiers above.
2. Once set up, click the pink plus icon in the top left-hand corner. Select Competition from the menu. Then you’ll need to input a Competition title. Note that this is the first thing anyone will see so make it engaging.
3. Add a description, telling your fans what they could win. Maybe they get an item from your merchandise, or perhaps a personalised video. Think of how you’d like to reward the lucky winner and let them know within the description.
4. Pick a photo that represents you. Will it be the prize? Or, maybe an artist image. Don’t forget to customise your URL here too. This will be the link available to everyone entering your Competition.
5. The most important part next, is choosing your end date and time. Give your fans enough of a chance to enter, but don’t leave it too long as people may forget it ever happened. You could even run it in line with a new track release.
6. After that’s all set, you need to start adding in your actions. These are the tasks that must be completed to enter. As a musician, it’s likely you’ll want entries to follow your artist pages, so make sure you attach your streaming accounts here.
Each store or platform has its own list of interactions. Choose the ones that work best for you. For example – Twitter allows you to select follow, retweet or tweet. It’s your choice what you go with.
7. The last step is adding any extra links. These will be links that appear at the bottom of your Competition throughout the process. They aren’t optional tasks, but instead links entries can visit. It could be a link to your latest music video on YouTube, or maybe you want to include a link to a specific website.
8. Once the tasks have been completed, these links will remain. They’ll still be available on your landing page even when the Competition has ended. That’s why they’re a really good place to showcase anything extra you want people to see. If your link looks great, you’re ready to go!
9. Launch your Competition and start sharing it far and wide. The more you share the link, the more entries you’ll get. Sit back and watch your numbers grow. But, be ready for the Competition to end. Once the Competition has ended, you’ll be emailed as a reminder.
10. It’s then up to you to select your winner. This can be done by heading into your account, clicking on the competition and pressing the pink Select Winner button. A CSV file will download with everyone who has entered included. Use a random generator to select your winner, contact them and send off their prize!