Where getting a record deal was the only way to make it big twenty plus years ago, the industry is changing. People are making big bucks from their bedroom with consumer grade equipment, YouTube ‘how-tos’ and a bit of creative marketing knowledge.
We have previously given tips on how to get signed by a label here, but this isn’t the be all and end all of musicians lives anymore. No need to hand over huge cuts or control to major labels. Get your music sounding great and we’ll give you a hand to help you achieve success.
We believe we can offer all of the tools and advise to get your music off the ground.
Step 1 – Music distribution
Get your music out there. As many places as possible. Here’s where our expertise lie. RouteNote distribution can help you push your music to all corners of the internet (Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Google Play, Amazon Music, Deezer, Tidal and many more), totally free.
Step 2 – Socials
Make sure all of your social profiles are looking their best. This includes artist profiles on Spotify and Apple Music. Create engaging content on social media. Not everything has to be music related, just keep your audience entertained.
Step 3 – Marketing
Spotify playlists are breaking artists into the mainstream around the world. Click here to submit your music to Spotify’s playlists. Click here for a list of top third-party playlisters you need to be in contact with.
Advantages of going independent
- 100% control – You keep 100% of the rights to your music. With RouteNote you decide what stores and territories to upload your music to. Make updates or takedown your music as and when you like.
- Creative freedom – Don’t find yourself making commecial music to appease the label. RouteNote accept all types of original music, no matter the genre.
- Speed – Finish your track, send it to your label, make adjustments, send it back, get placed on the waiting list… Alternatively, upload your music to RouteNote, wait a few days* and find your music on stores and streaming services. *COVID-19 delays.
- No nasty cuts – Maximise your revenue. Say no to label’s unacceptable percentage share.
- Zero upfront or recurring costs – With RouteNote you can upload your music to all major stores and streaming services free of charge, while keeping 85% of the revenue generated. Choose premium distribution and keep 100% for a small fee.