Music distributors, such as RouteNote, take the complications and stress out of navigating the online music world as an independent artist.
Music distribution covers the part of the industry between finishing your new song and the world hearing it. For independent artists, its important to pour all of your creativity into the music itself. This means finding the perfect middleman to share your music far and wide. Unfortunately, there are plenty of record companies that will take advantage of artists with unfair royalty cuts and contract that require signing away the rights to your own music. RouteNote do things differently. We make sharing your music on the world’s largest platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, Deezer, TIDAL, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, SoundCloud and many more, clear and easy. In fact it only takes eight simple steps:
- Sign up to RouteNote – It’s free!
- Create New Release – You’ll find this under the Distribution header.
- Enter the Release Title – This will be the single, EP or album name.
- Fill out the Album Details – This is the metadata for your release such as the artist name, language, genres, copyright info, release date, etc.
- Add Audio – Upload the tracks in MP3 or FLAC format.
- Add Artwork – Upload the album art as a JPG at 3000×3000 pixels.
- Manage Stores – Choose the stores, streaming services, social media platforms and territories you want to share your music to, as well as pricing for select stores.
- Free or Premium? – Tick the box to accept the Terms and Conditions and the Artist/Label Agreement. Click either Distribute Free or Distribute Premium. Free has zero unfront or recurring costs, while you keep 85% of the revenue. Premium costs a small fee, while you keep 100% of the revenue. You can switch models for any release at any time.
That’s it! Now that you’ve created your first release, it’ll be sent to our moderation team. They make sure everything’s tip-top, before sending it on to our partner stores. This whole process usually takes place on the largest stores and streaming services within a week. With RouteNote, you’re never locked in. You always keep 100% of the rights to your music.
As your release picks up with streams and puchases around the world, royalties will be dropped into your RouteNote account, before being deposited into a connected PayPal or bank account. Statistics and earnings will breakdown exactly how much each track has made on each store.