Here’s a step-by-step guide to uploading music to SoundCloud straight from the mobile app or computer once you’ve received complimentary unlimited uploads from RouteNote.
The music sharing and social media platform has forged new genres and helped kickstart the careers of many major musicians around the world.
With a free SoundCloud account, anyone can upload up to three hours of music for free. A paid Pro Unlimited account from SoundCloud will grant you unlimited upload time. With a free RouteNote account, we can help you monetize your existing tracks on SoundCloud and unlock unlimited uploads with zero fees or monthly payments.
You can upload lossy MP3s to SoundCloud or lossless formats such as FLAC, WAV, ALAC and AIFF for the best audio quality available. Files can be up to 4GB each.
When uploading, set tracks to Private so only you and those with the link can hear the track. This is great for sharing demos with collaborators or potential labels.
How to upload from the mobile app
- Download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- From the homescreen, tap the up arrow in the top right corner.
- Tap OK.
- Find the audio file on your phone or in the cloud.
- Add the metadata such as an album cover from your Camera Roll, Title, Genre and Description. The more details you fill in, the more likely you are to be discovered.
- Tap Save in the top right corner once your track is ready.
- After processing, you track will be published for all to hear.
How to upload from a computer
- Head to soundcloud.com and log in.
- Click Upload in the top right corner.
- Drap and drop your audio files or find them on your computer.
- Add the metadata such as an album cover, Title, Genre, Additional tags, Description and Caption. The more details you fill in, the more likely you are to be discovered.
- Click Save once your track is ready.
- After processing, your track will be published for all to hear.