Playlists are what can make an artist in 2020. Getting your music playlisted can be the promotion you need to bring in thousands of new listeners.
Many of the top followed playlists on Spotify and other streaming platforms are from independent curators with the hope of promoting your music to new listeners. If you come across any on Spotify that are perfect for your music, check the description for submission info or see who created it.
Here are some of the top playlist curators you need to check out if you want to promote your music for free.
Head to Sidekick and select one of the following playlists to submit your music to:
- Party Up – 5k followers
- Sunburn – 6k followers
- NuDisco – 6k followers
- Discovery – 8k followers
- Millennial – 5k followers
Simply pick a genre and your music will be sent to a whole host of relevant playlists.
- Folk (playlists such as: Indie Folk – 4k followers)
- Chill (playlists such as: Saturday Morning – 7k followers)
- Urban (playlists such as: RnB Hip Hop / Rap – 3k followers)
- Latino (playlists such as: Regeton 2020 – 381k followers)
- Pop+EDM (playlists such as: 2020 Hits Viral – 350k followers)
- Sad&Love (playlists such as: Love Songs – 363k followers)
- Indie/Alt (playlists such as: Indie / Alternative – 20k followers)
- Happy (playlists such as: Happy Songs – 74k followers)
- Discovery (playlists such as: Undiscovered & Brilliant – 14k followers)
Search through and submit your music Soundplate’s playlists or one of their top featured playlists. With playlists such as:
- Selected : Soundplate – 13k followers
- Fresh Beats – 18k followers
- Sunset Hunters – 10k followers
- The Cutting Edge – 7k followers
- FUTURE STARS – 7k followers
Fill out their form, including the genre, mood and similar artists, then tick the playlists you want to be considered for, such as:
Playlists are user submitted, so there’s no shortage here. Simply search for genres and the site will populate a list of suitable playlists. For example:
- Vibes – TheVibesNetwork – 70k followers
- Earmilk – Throughout – 8k followers
- Bass Boosted Trap & Rap – 16k followers
- Gaming Grooves – 5k followers