Spotify share new ways for Samsung phone, watch, earbuds and TV user around the world to listen to music and podcasts.
Spotify and Samsung’s partnership stretches back to 2018, providing Galaxy users with a seamless music streaming experience. This week the two companies expanded their relationship to provide further integration between the hardware and software.
- Spotify Group Sessions in Google Meet – Spotify Premium users on Android can now host virtual listening sessions in Google Meet video calls. Host a listening session by simply tapping the three dots in the lower right corner. You can invite up to eight friends to join. Everyone must be a Spotify Premium member to join in.
- Galaxy Watch5 and Galaxy Watch5 Pro – New watch owners will be able to stream Spotify right on their watch, with Google Assistant support. Just say “Hey Google,” to play, pause and control music and podcasts.
- Galaxy Buds2 Pro – The new earbuds from Samsung support Spotify Tap, allowing listeners to jump straight back into what they were listening to with a tap and hold.
- Preloaded – 2022 Samsung Smart TV and Galaxy smartphones globally come with Spotify preloaded, saving from the need to install the app on a new device.
- Three Months of Spotify Premium – Samsung users in 85 markets around the world who haven’t tried Spotify Premium before are now eligible to three months, free of charge. Check elibility here.