How to get verified as an Artist on Spotify music streaming service
Verifying your artist page on Spotify let’s users know they’re listening to the real deal and gives you unique control over the look of your profile.
Having a verified artist profile on Spotify doesn’t mean you just get a nice blue tick next to your name. Getting yourself verified on Spotify means that you can:
- Merge your user account with your artist page
- Share your playlists, listening and sharing with your fans
- Update directly from your discography
- Brand your playlists with images and descriptions
- Edit and change your artist images
- Followers get notified when you release new music, create playlists, announce nearby gigs
To get your verification on Spotify and access to your artist profile there are a few things you will need to do first. Firstly you will need a user profile on Spotify, this can be your own personal listening account or just a new profile you’ve created. This profile will be merged with the artist profile when you’re verified. You will also have to make sure that you have:
- Over 250 followers on your profile
- Music available to stream on Spotify
- A username that is unique to your artist
Once you’ve made sure that you have all of the requirements you can fill out the Spotify Verification Form from here: https://www.spotifyartists.com/verification/
What are you waiting for, start working to get yourself verified on Spotify today!
It can take up to 4 weeks after sending the Verification Form for Spotify to process your form. Spotify will either verify you and you’re good to go or let you know what needs to be done so that you can become verified if they couldn’t accept your application.