Image Credit: SSL
SSL has launched the new SSL professional audio interface and builds on the functionality of the SSL 2 and SSL 2+ models.
The new SSL 12 is a 12-in 8-out USB-powered audio interface. SSL aims to build on the success of its SSL 2 and SSL 2+ audio interfaces, and SSL 12 expands on them “in almost every way”.
For example, the SSL 12 offers more microphone preamps, better headphone performance, advanced routing, monitor controls, an optical input, and next-gen A2D/D2A converters “delivering superior audio performance”.
Solid State Logic launches SSL 12
The new SSL 12 audio interface is designed for both home and professional studio use. And it’s bus-powered, so it’s fully portable too!
SSL’s new interface offers 4 microphone preamplifiers designed by the SSL team with Mic/Line inputs and HPF pads, 2 instrument inputs for electric instruments like guitars, bass, synths, and so on, in addition to 2 headphone outputs.
Furthermore, the SSL 12 interface offers 32-bit /192 kHz converters so you can record high-definition audio at all times. Advanced routing and monitoring options are available and coupled with the option to expand your options with 8 additional input channels via the ADAT input give you a total of 12 tracks of simultaneous recording.
- USB bus-powered, power is provided by USB 3.0, audio via USB 2.0
- 4 microphone preamps with 62 dB gain range, -130.5dBu THD+N
- Legacy 4K circuits providing analog color on every channel, inspired by SSL 4000-series console
- 2 Hi-Z instrument inputs for guitars, bass, synths, and more
- 2 professional headphone outputs
- 4 balanced outputs and precision Monitor Level
- 32-bit/192 kHz AD/DA Converters boasting >120 dB line output dynamic range
- ADAT IN for 8 additional channels of digital audio
- Built-In talkback mic and 3 user-assignable front panel switch to assign monitoring functions/talkback mic operation
- MIDI I/O
- SSL Production Pack Software Bundle includes a 3-month subscription to SSL Complete, Vocalstrip 2, and Drumstrip, plus an exclusive collection of virtual instruments, plugins, and more
Rekkerd reports that the SSL 12 is priced at $499 and is compatible with Mac & Windows systems.