Serato DJ Free 1.8.1 Update Out now
Popular DJ software Serato DJ have released an update to version 1.8.1 that brings a range of bug fixes and maintenance support.
Serato recently released 1.8 which brought some great new features to the software including Key Detection, Key Display, plug and play support, an update to Pitch ‘n Time DJ and more.
Serato’s Head of Product Strategy, Nick Maclaren says: “Stability and performance is the most important thing for every DJ. It’s great to follow up on the recent feature heavy 1.8 release with a nice stability release that’s full of bug fixes and El Capitan support.”
Here are all of the fixes, optimisations and changes in Serato DJ 1.8.1:
- In HID mode the CDJ cue buttons can jump to incorrect cue point markers
- With Pitch N’ Time engaged performing a cue point can cause audio artefacts
- Record timer fault after recording reaches 100 mins
- Multi channel AIFF files causing crash when loaded to deck
- Tracks flagged as corrupt can stop deck playback in autoplay
- MIDI initialisation not working for some controls on OSA devices
- Full Screen mode in El Capitan not working correctly
- Half/double BPM edit causing hang
- Potential hang on library import
- Dragging and dropping outside of SDJ not working correctly
- Unable to scroll and organise crate lists correctly
- Album art is not displaying on supported CDJs
- Hang on startup for some users
- Recording meter showing max volume at all times
- On instant double waveforms are not displaying correctly on some controller screens
- GUI popups not layering correctly causing visual artefacts
- GUI stalls when rescanning ID3 tags
- Analyse files button does not light up when tracks are dragged over the top of it
- Song time text position incorrect
- Potential hang when using censor actions during Flip playback
- Selecting track with unloaded album art can cause all CDJ HID album art to not display
- Slicer status bar message for beatgrid displaying even when slicer is not enabled
- Dock Icon bouncing on OSX during startup of SDJ
- Autoplay stops playback after it skips a missing file
- Potential crash when editing beatgrids
- Scope view alignment issues when using SDJ in French and Spanish languages
- Track info disappears in History Panel after track is removed from the library
- Translation alignment issues
- A range of performance, graphical and memory optimisations
- Fixes for potential crashes, hangs and memory leaks
- Bundled the El Capitan specific drivers for the Pioneer DJM 850, DJM 900 Nexus, DJM 900 SRT, DDJ-SZ and DJM S9 drivers into Serato DJ
- When using CDJ HID mode with OSX El Capitan the CDJ900-Nexus and XDJ-1000 players will not be recognised if they are powered on after connecting to your machine via USB, please power your CDJ units before connecting USB, we are investigating this issue.
- With Pitch N’ Time engaged performing a cue point can cause audio artefacts in certain situations, we are working on this issue and hope to have a fix in a build soon.
- After updating your machine OS to 10.11 we advise restarting it before attempting to use Serato DJ, it is also highly likely you will need to do another restart after installing any 10.11 specific drivers for your hardware (if your hardware requires it)
- If your CDJ is not detected using El Capitan and HID mode there is a known issue and we are working on it – in the meantime hotplugging your primary device while the CDJs are connected will detect them.