Following TikTok’s success and then this year’sInstagram’s Reels, YouTube have just dedicated a new space to short and sweet videos.
YouTube have just released ‘Shorts’, a new short-form video format for quick and snappy content. Taking after the success of multiple platforms in recent years who have discovered the fascination and popularity around the world of short dance trends, funny videos, and easy to share content.
Just like TikTok and similar platforms, you record Shorts straight from your phone and add a musical soundtrack, adjust the speed of your video and more. They’re the latest to get on the TikTok hype after Instagram launched Reels earlier this year.
- Create: Creation is at the core of short-form video, and we want to make it easy and fun to create Shorts. We’re starting to test just a few new tools for creators and artists with our early beta in India:
- A multi-segment camera to string multiple video clips together,
- The option to record with music from a large library of songs that will continue to grow,
- Speed controls that give you the flexibility to be creative in your performance,
- And a timer and countdown to easily record, hands-free.
YouTube have launched Shorts in a beta in India to test it out whilst they look to add new features and launch it further. They are actively looking from feedback from users to build and improve the new platform as they expand it over the next few months.