Get this free bass synth plugin to get a 60’s sound
Brighten up your day with a plugin emulating a 60’s keyboard bass synthesizer with a warm and strangely futuristic tone that is yours for free.
It’s hard to turn down a free plugin. Martinic are offering their Kee Bass plugin free to anyone to download and use how they like.
They describe it as “the new musician’s string bass simulator” offering up retro grooves that still somehow sound like they’re from the future. The plugin emulates one of the first monophonic string bass simulators; the Rheem Kee Bass.
The plugin is based on the original electronic schema and a physical version of the Kee Bass. They began by modelling the instrument precisely without any sampling and then enhanced what they had with filters and modulation.
Physical modeling (no samples used) of vintage Rheem Kee Bass
- Bass Fuzz sound – built in
- Percussion – Fast decay
- Percussion – Slow decay
- Bright-Mellow option on all sounds
- 2 Full Octave Keyboard
- Modeled Solid State Electronic Circuitry
- 2.5 MB Portable Lightweight Beauty
- Plays Booming String Bass Notes when loaded into any VST/AU host
- Level adjust
- Adjustable 25-note tuning
- Extended 128 MIDI note range
- All settings MIDI learnable
- Poly mode
- Low/high/last note priority
- Attack/decay adjust
- Low pass filter with resonance
- Filter LFO/envelope modulation
- Wide range of presets
- Fine tuning
- Transpose/octave shift
Head here and scroll to the bottom of the page to acquire your free license for this bass synth plugin.