Spotify Wrapped is here to bring together your top artists, tracks, and genres from the last year into tasty, shareable cards.
Spotify Wrapped is one of the most celebrated times of the year. It’s up there with summer break, thanksgiving, and Christmas itself. Wrapped is when the world comes together to celebrate and compare their musical tastes – and their super-fandom.
Here’s how to get your Spotify Wrapped 2023:
- Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date
- Open your Spotify App
- Your Spotify Wrapped 2023 should pop up in your Home feed
- Find a Wrapped button at the top of your Home screen
Wrapped takes a reflective look back at your year on Spotify. It compiles your listening data from the last 12 months and highlights your favourites. It’s a fantastic way to celebrate your year in music and even remember some forgotten favourites from earlier in the year.
Perhaps people’s favourite part of Wrapped is sharing their tastes. Spotify Wrapped offers you a carousel of cards highlighting your taste throughout the year, each one shareable across social media. From your top artists of the year, to your credit as a superfan (the top 0.001% of an artist’s listeners).
This year Spotify are connecting artists and fans even more closely. For those superfans, artists were able to record a video message that appears and thanks them personally for their connection with their music. Some fans will even get exclusive discounts on select merchandise.
Wrapped Listening Parties take it a step further, with a live experience bringing fans around the world together. Artists will be able to speak directly to fans live, in this audio-only experience which is available on mobile and desktop. The experience will be offered to top fans of a select group of artists.
What’s new in Spotify Wrapped 2023
Here’s all of what you can find in your Spotify Wrapped, including some new cards to sink your teeth into:
- Me in 2023 demonstrates a streaming habit that defined your music listening this year. When you flip your card, it reveals a listening character specific to your tastes and habits on Spotify. Check out all 12 characters here.
- Sound Town matches you to a city based on your listening and artist affinity.
- Top 5 Genres shows you how your top five music genres stacked up and is presented in a fun sandwich-inspired design.
- Top 5 Artists lets you see the month your listening peaked for each artist this year, painting a fuller picture of your year on Spotify and the artists that helped soundtrack it.
- Your Artist Messages means you’ll get to hear from one of your top artists within your personalized Wrapped. If you’re craving more, visit the Wrapped feed for video messages from thousands of artists, including Taylor Swift, Bad Bunny, Peso Pluma, Dolly Parton, NewJeans, SZA, and Jung Kook.
- Artists, songwriters, and podcasters will also receive their own personalized Artist and Creator Wrapped experiences to uncover and celebrate how their fans listened.
Spotify have added a feed to your Spotify Home screen on mobile, giving you everything you need to look back at your year in music. Spotify’s AI DJ will help take your through your wrapped, serving up your favourites from 2023 with a commentary on how you’ve listened. The DJ experience is only available for the first week of Wrapped.