Boss’ Waza-Air headphones are making guitar practising more personal with an amp simulator and effects module that slips right on your head.
There’s nothing more satisfying than cranking up the amp, slipping the strap over your head and striking out a chord that rings across your surroundings. But we’re not always in a position where the privilege of playing loud and proud is acceptable.
Boss have an answer for every guitarist who has thought; ‘damn I wish I could crank up my guitar right now’. Their upcoming headphones offer guitarists a Wireless Personal Guitar Amplification System, putting a true to life guitar playing sound in your eyes – just for you.
Using a gyroscopic sensor in the headphones they simulate space so the sound adjusts as your head moves. It creates a 3D space in which the amp simulation is coming from and reverberating around so it’s not just putting a guitar amp in your headphones; it’s putting a whole room of sound on your head.
Use the BOSS Tone Studio app to connect and customise your sound exactly how you want it. There are 5 amp types to choose from and control, and over 50 different effects to play with any sound you like. The large, custom 50mm drivers inside each can offer incredible sound quality for whatever the guitar tone you’re going for.
Connect your phone and play songs or audio files so that you can play along to music. With the app’s ‘Stage’ mode the Waza-Air headphones stream music in the backline alongside your amp so you can take to the virtual stage as you rock out.
The headphones are expected to be available in January and will set you back £378 / $400. Maybe it will make a good, late Christmas present. Here’s all it’s offering:
- Over-ear guitar sound system with wireless connectivity, premium amp and effect tones, Bluetooth audio streaming, and sound editing via your smartphone
- Advanced BOSS spatial technology and integrated gyro sensor deliver natural “amp-in-room” tone with 3D ambience and dynamic sound localization
- Five unique amp types derived from the Katana stage amplifier series, including a full-range voice for bass or acoustic/electric guitar
- Access over 50 customizable effects in the BOSS Tone Studio app
- Integrated BOSS wireless technology provides exceptional sound quality with ultra-low latency
- Easy-to-use controls for guitar volume and Bluetooth audio playback, plus instant access to six user-configurable tone settings
- Large, custom-designed 50 mm drivers deliver premium audio quality with rich, full sound
- Conforming earpads ensure optimum driver performance for uncompromised guitar tone
- Wide headband provides comfort for long playing sessions
- Durable construction with deluxe chrome-plated metal parts
- Versatile two-way design folds down for compact storage or flat transport in a guitar bag pocket
- Built-in rechargeable batteries with auto standby/wake function to conserve battery life
- Up to five hours of play time with the headphones and up to 12 hours with the included WL-T Transmitter
- Wirelessly edit, organize, and download tones with the BOSS Tone Studio app for iOS and Android mobile devices
- Unique onboard tuner function with audible tones that guide your tuning; visual chromatic tuner also available in the BOSS Tone Studio app
Download “BOSS Tone Studio for WAZA-AIR” for iOS
Download “BOSS Tone Studio for WAZA-AIR” for Android