Nab yourself a beautiful plugin full of wonderful reverb potential and crazy delays with loads of customisation.
Valhalla have a real treat for us as they’re offering their Supermassive plugin free to anyone who wants it. It offers a bunch of control over what they promise to be “luscious clouds of reverb, otherwordly delays, swelling waves of feedback unlike any you’ve heard before”.
Supermassive uses a variety of feedback delay networks, where each delay in the structure can be up to 2 seconds long. Combine these long delays with the unique WARP control, and the results range from echoes that slowly fade in, to cascading harmonic echoes, to lush reverbs, onwards to reverbs that decay way over the course of minutes.Features:
- Tempo synced delays, up to 2 seconds
- Multiphase delay modulation
- DENSITY control, that allows you to dial in pointillistic echoes, lush reverbs, echo clusters, and all sorts of sounds in between.
- Eight unique delay/reverb MODES, named after celestial objects:
- Gemini: Fast attack, shorter decay, high echo density.
- Hydra: Fast-ish attack, shorter decay, low to high echo density (depending on the DENSITY control setting)
- Centaurus: Medium attack, longer decay, medium to high echo density (depending on the DENSITY control setting)
- Sagittarius: Slow attack, longer decay, high echo density
- Great Annihilator: Medium attack, very long decay, medium to high echo density (depending on the DENSITY control setting)
- Andromeda: Slowest attack, very long decay, very high echo density
- Lyra: Fast attack, shorter decay, low echo density
- Capricorn: Fast attack, shorter decay, medium echo density
- Cross-platform preset browser