Image Credit: LINE MUSIC
RouteNote has partnered with Japanese streaming app LINE MUSIC! Now you can release your songs to new listeners in Japan, for free.
Japanese streaming app LINE MUSIC combines a music streaming platform with messenger app Line Messenger, allowing subscribers to seamlessly share music with each other.
Launched in 2015, LINE MUSIC is currently available in Japan. A subscription-only app, LINE offers unlimited ad-free listening on web, iOS and Android.
LINE MUSIC has all the standard streaming app features such as personalised playlists. Curated playlists include Japanese Music Top 100, and personalised playlists such as a New Song Mix every Thursday and mixes by mood and genre, with a choice of 12 moods and 20 genres.
App features include in-app offline listening, lyrics, karaoke mode, and music videos. Karaoke mode has a scoring function to gamify the feature, and music videos have no advertisements. LINE MUSIC users also get unlimited selected stamps for LINE chat free of charge.
LINE MUSIC costs 980 yen per month and 480 yen for students. A family subscription offers the service for ￥1,480, which works out as under ¥246 per person for a family of six. New users can sign up to a one month free trial, and cancel anytime to avoid being charged.
How to distribute to LINE MUSIC for free
Now that RouteNote have partnered with LINE MUSIC, existing RouteNote artists will automatically have their music sent to LINE MUSIC. You can opt-out by contacting our support team.
Are you an unsigned artist or indie record label looking to put music on LINE MUSIC? With RouteNote, you can upload music to LINE MUSIC for free. Our award-winning music distribution gives you unlimited uploads for an unlimited number of artists, so independent artists and indie record labels can release as many tracks as they like.
You always keep full control of your music when you upload with RouteNote. Come and go as you please and never have to worry about hidden fees or complicated contracts. Even if you already distribute your music elsewhere, you can still use RouteNote to pick and choose which stores you want to release music to, including social media monetisation and YouTube Content ID.
It’s easy to upload your music to LINE MUSIC:
- First, head to routenote.com to make a new account.
- Go to Distribution > Create New Release.
- Input your metadata, upload your tracks and add artwork.
- Make sure you select LINE MUSIC in the Manage Stores page. Alongside LINE MUSIC you’ll find all the big names in music streaming like Spotify, Apple Music, and Tencent Music.
- Now, pick between our Free and Premium tiers. Tiers are chosen on a release-by-release basis, so you’re not locked in, you can switch whenever you like.
- Free distribution is completely cost-free, which means zero fees no matter how much music you release. For Free releases, you keep 85% of revenue.
- Premium meanwhile has a one-off small fee and annual cost, and in return you keep 100% of the revenue generated from streams and sales of your music.
Once your release is completed, our moderation team checks the release for any formatting errors or copyright issues, before sending it to LINE MUSIC and all the other stores you’ve chosen for distribution.