Turn your guitar into a synth with Electro-Harmonix’s new pedal
Electro-Harmonix have come out with a new pedal that transforms your guitar or bass into a range of awesome vintage synthesiser sounds.
The polyphonic SYNTH9 Synthesizer Machine transforms your guitar or bass with 9 presets that were precisely tuned to emulate the most sought after, vintage synthesizer sounds ever! From searing lead synths to spacey synth pads and deep, funky, synth bass grooves, it’s all accessible.
EHX (Electro-Harmonix) Founder, Mike Matthews says: “The new SYNTH9 Synthesizer Machine may be the greatest of all the 9 family pedals… If you dig the sound of classic synthesizers, you’ll JUMP and shout, I’m a LUCKY MAN, when you plug into the SYNTH9!”
The SYNTH9 features nine of the most distinctive vintage synth type sounds: OBX, PROFIT V, VIBE SYNTH, MINI MOOD, EHX MINI, SOLO SYNTH, MOOD BASS, STRING SYNTH and POLY VI. If you dig the kind of classic synth sounds made famous on recordings by groups like ELP, EVH, Kraftwerk, Joy Division, P-Funk, Peter Gabriel and more, we think you’ll love the SYNTH9.
SYNTH9 guitar pedal features:
- Transforms the tone of your guitar or bass into that of a vintage synthesizer
- 9 presets that were created to emulate many of the most popular synthesizer sounds ever
- Works on guitar or bass without modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation
- The SYNTH9’s usable tracking range extends up to about the 23rd fret on the high-E string of standard guitar and down to the open A-string on a bass guitar
- Use the SYNTH9 with a B9 or C9 Organ Machine as well as the KEY9 Electric Piano Machine and MEL9 Tape Replay Machine to create your own mega-keyboard setup
- EHX 9.6DC-200 PSU included
- Dimensions in inches: 2.75 (w) x 4.5 (l) x 2.1 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 70 (w) x 115 (l) x 54 (h)
You can find the Electro-Harmonix SYNTH9 in various retailers in store and online. When you have one you can download the suggested factory settings and User settings sheet here.