Top 5 small portable bluetooth speakers
Here’s our top pick of the best wireless speakers to take on the road.
Top criteria? The speakers must be small enough to slip in a bag, hold a decent battery and of course produce great, room filling sound.
If you’re after something cheaper, check out our top five speakers under $50.
If you’re after something for home, check out our top smart speakers.
1. Bose SoundLink Revolve+ – $299
Bose deliver the absolute best of the best, offering a premium 360 sound, in a premium design, while being durable with an IPX4 water resistance rating.
- Delivers Deep, loud, jaw dropping sound with True 360 degree coverage
- Built-in mic for speakerphone to take clear conference or personal calls out loud with a wireless range of approximately 30 feet.
- Flexible fabric handle makes it easy to grab and go; seamless aluminum body is durable and water resistant (IPX4)
- Enjoy up to 16 hours of play time from a long-lasting, rechargeable, lithium-ion battery
- Wireless Bluetooth pairing with voice prompts allows you to easily take calls and access your phone’s virtual assistant — hands free
- Pair two SoundLink speakers together for party mode or stereo mode or use Bose SimpleSync technology to pair with a member of the Bose Smart Home Family to play in sync
2. Bang & Olufsen Beoplay P6 – $335.24 (sale price)
As with all of their products, B&O offer an elegant design at an eye watering price. If aesthetics are a top priority, you can’t beat the compact Beoplay P6. If you’re after something with water or shock resistance, this is not the one for you.
- SIGNATURE SOUND QUALITY: Beoplay P6 wireless speaker delivers True360 Bang & Olufsen Signature Sound for a premium listening experience from any angle, at home or on the go.
- AUTHENTICALLY BEAUTIFUL: Crafted with robust pearl blasted aluminum that encompasses the speaker’s curved grill, and a double-layered, genuine leather carrying strap for style and portability.
- CUSTOM SMART FEATURES: The OneTouch flex button on P6 offers easy accessibility to a world of smart features including Google Assistant or Siri compatibility and access to Beoplay App preferences.
- HERITAGE-INSPIRED DESIGN: Beoplay P6 is designed to pay subtle homage to Beomaster 6000, Bang & Olufsen’s iconic sound system. This is seen in the fine cuts and flexible nature of the buttons on P6.
- PLAY LONGER: This Bluetooth speaker boasts a powerful built-in battery that lasts for up to 16 hours, and easily recharges in just 3 hours with the included USB-C cable.
3. LG PL7 XBOOM Go – $169.77 (sale price)
LG’s PL7 XBOOM Go is the battery life king. With a huge 24 hours, you won’t have to worry about plugging in for even the longest of day trips.
- Easy Bluetooth pairing
- Up to 24 hours playback
- Water and weather resistant (IPX5 rated)
- LED Lighting
- Deep Rich Bass
- Included components: warranty card
- Output wattage: 30 W
- Power source type: Battery Powered
4. Marshall Stockwell II – $182.25
Marshall’s Stockwell II speaker gets top marks for unique design, with their signature front grill and large dials in a small but capable package.
- Stockwell II offers 20+ hours of portable playtime on a single charge. Its pint-sized frame and guitar inspired carry strap make it perfect to take with you.
- Stockwell II utilizes Blumlein stereo sound Construction for a multi-directional experience that will immerse you in your music, indoors or out.
- Stockwell II comes equipped with Bluetooth 5.0 technology for wireless music play. Play music with any Bluetooth device at a range of up to 30 feet away from the speaker.
- Stockwell II features an IPX4 water-resistant rating, making it supremely rugged and durable. It’s encased in a silicone exterior and features a solid metal grille and the iconic Marshall script. Take it with you wherever the long road leads.
- Stockwell II features multi-host functionality so you can easily connect and switch between two Bluetooth devices. Now you and a friend can take turns playing what you want to hear.
- Three class D amplifiers power Its subwoofer, front and rear facing tweeters for a sound that’s brilliantly powerful and clear.
- The cabinet is constructed with a bass reflex system that improves bass efficiency and extends the frequency response while lowering distortion.
- You can track the speaker battery life with the visual battery indicator located on the top panel of the speaker.Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 80 dB SPL @ 1 m
5. JBL Flip 5 – $119.99
Fancy something a little more colourful? JBL have got you covered. 12 hours of battery life is on the lower end, however IPX7 allows submersion in up to 1 meter of water for 30 minutes.
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming
- 12 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof
- Pair multiple speakers with party boost
- Premium JBL sound quality
- Connector type: 3.5 millimeter stereo
- Power source type: Battery powered
- Included components: Quick start guide
Check out our top five headphones here.