Top 5 wireless noise cancelling headphones 2020
Bringing you the best five everyday over-ear and on-ear headphones. With active noise cancellation across the board, they’re all perfect for the office or travel.
1. Sony WH-1000XM4 – $350
- Industry-leading noise canceling with Dual Noise Sensor technology
- Next-level music with Edge-AI, co-developed with Sony Music Studios Tokyo
- Up to 30-hour battery life with quick charging (10 min charge for 5 hours of playback)
- Touch Sensor controls to pause/play/skip tracks, control volume, activate your voice assistant, and answer phone calls
- Speak-to-chat technology automatically reduces volume during conversations
- Superior call quality with precise voice pickup
- Wearing detection pauses playback when headphones are removed
- Seamless multiple-device pairing
- Adaptive Sound Control provides a personalized listening experience
- Updated design relieves pressure for long-lasting comfort
The newest and most expensive headphones on the list. Sony offer the full package, with grade A sound quality, noise cancellation and design. At the time of writing, these aren’t actually released yet, but are available for pre-order.
2. Bose 700 – $299 (sale price)
- Keep your phone in your pocket and your head up to the world with easy access to voice assistants for music, navigation, weather, and more
- Turn any space into a workplace — with powerful noise cancelling, astonishing sound, unrivaled voice pickup
- Personalize your environment with 11 levels of noise cancelling control distractions or let ambient sound in
- Access Alexa with the push of a button, or use the wake up word
- Optimized for the Google Assistant; Access your voice assistant with a simple button press
- Listen comfortably for hours a streamlined, lightweight stainless steel headband and angled ear cups make for a perfect fit
- Get up to 20 hours of wireless battery life and time based power information
- Stay connected to the world without reaching for your phone; Intuitive touch controls on the ear cups keep everything simple
- Bose SimpleSync technology allows you to pair your Headphones 700 with the Bose Soundbar 500 or 700 for a personal listening experience
Bose aren’t new to noise cancellation and have had years to perfect their formula. Bose 700 offer the best in class noise cancellation. They’re a little older so can be found on sale quite often, but may be outdated soon.
3. Microsoft Surface Headphones 2 – $250
- Spectacular Omnisonic sound wraps you in your favorite music, shows, and more.
- On-ear dials let you adjust volume or keep it quiet with 13 levels of active noise cancellation.
- Soft, over-ear pads are breathable, lightweight and comfortable.
- Intuitive touch controls let you skip tracks, answer/end calls, and get hands-free assistance.
- Full charge now lasts up to 20 hours . Listen to almost an hour of music with a 5-minute charge.
Microsoft give users fantastic media controls. At $250 they’re great value and are the cheapest over-ear headphones of the five.
4. Beats Solo Pro – $229.95 (sale price)
- High-performance wireless noise cancelling headphones in light blue
- Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) blocks external noise
- Transparency helps you stay aware of your surroundings while listening
- Features the Apple H1 Headphone Chip and Class 1 Bluetooth for extended range and fewer dropouts
- Compatible with iOS and Android
- Hands-free controls via “Hey Siri” on iOS devices, and voice capability with the push of the b button on a variety of compatible devices
- Up to 22 hours of listening time (up to 40 hours with ANC and Transparency turned off)
- Fast Fuel provides 3 hours of playback from a 10-minute charge when battery is low
- Auto On/Off when you unfold and fold your wireless bluetooth headphones
- What’s in the box: Beats Solo Pro wireless noise cancelling headphones, Carrying case, Lightning to USB-A charging cable, Quick Start Guide, Warranty Card
If you fancy something a little smaller, these Beats offer a similar feature set in an on-ear package. Plenty of colour options to choose from and some great Apple smart features for iPhone users. At $229.95 they’re the cheapest headphones of the five.
5. Marshall Monitor II – $299.99 (sale price)
- Active noise canceling technology that continuously pinpoints and measures ambient noise in order to block out the things you don’t want to hear. Now you can focus on what matters most – the music.
- Up to 30 hours of wireless playtime with active noise cancelling and 45 hours without noise cancelling.Driver impedance: 32 Ω
- Collapsible design and compact size makes the ultimate travel companion
- Multi-directional control knob – play, pause and shuffle your music, Adjust volume and control phone functionality
- Travel Kit – USB-C charging cable, 3. 5mm cord and carry bag to stow it all away
- Power Source Type: Battery-Powered
- Included Components: Headphone,Removable 3.5Mm Cable,User Manual With Legal And Safety Information, Usb-C Charging Cable, Canvas Carrying Bag
If you’re after a super unique design, Marshall have got you covered. The gold joystick offers one of the best playback control options.