Vatanator is a new drum machine for iPad that comes with extensive functionality, loads of presets emulating classic drum machines and even allows you to add your own samples.
Vatanator is probably the best drum machine available for iOS at such a modest price. It comes filled with 140 built-in presets that take their sounds from all the drum machine greats and classics. Not satisfied with that? You can add your own samples in and create custom beats using your own sounds.
Vatanator has advanced MIDI integration and Ableton Link support so you can implement it into most available software. The interface features two modes: pads or pattern sequencing, and also includes numerous customisation features. Effects include delay, distortion, reverb and filters. It features a sample editor that goes surprisingly deep for an affordable app as well as the expected features and more.
Here’s Vatanators main features:
- Record patterns in real-time with quantisation. MIDI assignable
- 16/32 steps sequencer with advanced MIDI options
- Fast loading of presets on the fly
- Full MIDI implementation
- Background audio
- Audiobus. Audiobus Remote. Inter-App Audio and Ableton Link support
- Ability to import samples via AudioCopy. Dropbox or iTunes Share
- Real-time effects with envelope follower. MIDI assignable
- Song arranger. Ability to store a sequence of patterns and play them in order
- 8 channel mixer with volume control and mute/solo for any individual instrument
- iPad retina graphics
‘Vatanator SX’ is the iPhone equivalent and is “coming soon”. It will feature a toned down interface but mostly maintain the great functions available in Vatanator.
Vatanator is available now from the Apple App Store for $5.99. It is compatible with iOS 7.1 or later iPads.