Spotify reveal the most listened to female artists on Spotify to celebrate International Women’s Day.
For International Women’s Day on Tuesday Spotify revealed which female artists had been listened to the most. In addition Spotify announced a new series called ‘Women in Music & Culture’ they will updating throughout March for Women’s History Month.
Here are the most listened to women on Spotify around the world:
- Ariana Grande
- Ellie Goulding
- Katy Perry
- Lana Del Rey
- Selena Gomez
- Meghan Trainer
Spotify’s ‘Women in Music & Culture’ series will feature a variety of collected music, literature and poems from iconic women throughout the years as well as females on the rise.
Here’s what to expect from the series:
- Fifteen genre playlists featuring exclusive commentary from guest artists such as Kelly Clarkson on Aretha Franklin, Zendaya on Beyoncé, and Sydney of Echosmith on Joni Mitchell.
- Playlists ranging from ‘Women of Pop’ and ‘Women of Hip Hop’ to ‘Women of Metal’ and ‘Women of Fresh Finds’.
- Selected works of influential women in literature including the novels, poetry and stories of Jane Austen, Sylvia Plath and Emily Dickinson.
- Over 70 poems by women read by the authors themselves, featuring Rita Dove, Elizabeth Bishop, Gertrude Stein, and more.
- An inspirational playlist from Golden Globe winner Gina Rodriguez of the hit TV show Jane The Virgin to kick-off the all-new ‘Spotify Latinos Trending’ series.
You can see Spotify’s ‘Women in Music & Culture’ profile where you’ll have access to all the playlists here: play.spotify.com/user/spotifyiwd.