Spotify unveil 2021 Wrapped – your personalized round-up of your most listened to artists, genres, songs, podcasts and more
Image Credit: Spotify
Spotify rundown the loved and new features they’re bringing to listeners with this year’s Spotify 2021 Wrapped.
By this point, you’ve no doubt seen your social feeds flooded with Spotify Wrapped. Spotify Wrapped is the streaming service’s yearly roundup of all of your most streamed artists, genres, songs, podcasts and the total number of minutes you listened. As with previous years, Spotify have included handy ways to share your stats across social channels like Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, but this year, you can also share your Wrapped on TikTok.
This year’s Wrapped bring new stats for you to show off to your friends on social media:
- 2021: The Movie – This feature pairs your top songs with classic scenes from a movie that’s all about you.
- Your Audio Aura – We worked with an aura expert to visualize your audio aura based on your top two music moods. (You can read more about that here.)
- Playing Cards – This is an interactive, data-based game that you play and then share with your friends. We’ll display several statements about your listening this year and you’ll have to guess which are true.
- 2021 Wrapped Blend – Tapping into the new Blend feature launched this year, Spotify fans can see how their 2021 music tastes match up with friends, stream their blended playlist, and share their results on social.
The 2021 Wrapped hub includes a variety of personalized, data-driven and editorial curated content. Spotify 2021 Wrapped stories are available exclusively on the iOS and Android app. Mobile and desktop users can find the 2021 Wrapped hub here. Playlists include:
- Your Top Songs 2021 – One of our most popular playlists takes you down memory lane and lets you rediscover your most listened to songs of the year.
- Your Artists Revealed – Helps fans deepen their connections with creators by giving them personalized podcast episodes and songs featuring their top artists of the year.
- Top Tracks & Artists of 2021 – Data-driven playlists that feature music from the top artists globally and in your local market.
- Best New Podcasts of 2021 – Data-driven selection of new podcasts from inspiring creators that are pushing boundaries.
- Best Episodes of 2021 – Curated selection of top podcast episodes throughout the year.
- The Best of 2021 – Data-driven and editorially curated music playlists to jump back into the best songs of 2021 in every genre.
- A Look Back at 2021 – Music and podcasts that contextualize the year of 2021.
- 2021 Wrapped: Blend – Compare your music taste in 2021 with a friend and get a blended playlist, as well as access all of the ones that you’ve already created.
Spotify have also included videos from more than 170 creators thanking fans for having them in their Wrapped. These videos will appear if you have one of these artists in playlists “Your Top Songs 2021” or “Your Artists Revealed”. Spotify are rolling out Spotify Clips for podcasts, letting fans view special “thank you” messages from their favourite podcast hosts. Visit the show’s page on Spotify to watch.
Spotify are also celebrating this year’s Wrapped on Greenroom, Spotify’s Clubhouse competitor. Spotify and creators are hosting private, password-protected rooms, exclusively for top fans to hear from their favourites. This includes two of the biggest live shows, “Most Necessary Live” and “LOREM Life”, hosting special Wrapped episodes.
Want to appear in your next biggest fan’s top 100? Step one, get your music on Spotify. It’s free and easy with RouteNote.