Image Credit: Apple
Logic Pro 10.7 introduces tools for spatial audio, royalty-free beats from top producers, and performance updates for the new MacBook Pros.
Yesterday Apple announced their powerful new MacBook Pros at their Unleashed event. Apple have also updated Logic Pro, their pro music creation software. Logic Pro 10.7 brings professional music creators powerful new features and workstation-class performance to the new MacBook Pro with M1 Pro and M1 Max.
The world’s most creative people use Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, and the Mac to make the memorable movies, TV shows, online videos, songs, and soundtracks that we all enjoy. With the combination of powerful new features in Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro, and the unprecedented performance from the MacBook Pro powered by the all-new M1 Pro and M1 Max, pros will be able to push the limits of their creativity like never before.Bob Borchers, vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, Apple
After rolling out spatial audio support across their consumer hardware and software such as AirPods and Apple Music, Apple are now focusing on creative professionals. The updated Logic Pro features a complete set of mixing and rendering tools for creating music in spatial audio. Spatial audio brings a revolutionary audio experience and true multi-dimensional sound and clarity to music and videos. Musicians, producers and mix engineers can expand their stereo projects to the surround channels supported by Dolby Atmos using the new mixer and panner controls. 13 plug-ins have also been updated to take advantage of the spatial audio update, including Space Designer, Limiter, Loudness Meter and Tremolo. Once you’ve completed your project, export the mix as a Dolby Atmos ADM file, compatible with spatial audio supported devices on Apple Music.
The Producer Packs introduced in GarageBand this summer have landed on Logic Pro. Use beats, loops, samples and instruments created by today’s biggest hitmakers and producers such as Boys Noize, Mark Lettieri, Mark Ronson, Oak Felder, Soulection, Take A Daytrip, Tom Misch, and TRAKGIRL. Logic users now have access to 2,800 new loops, 50 new kits and 120 new patches to use in your own songs. All sounds are royalty-free, allowing you to distribute for free and earn revenue from your mixes on all major stores and streaming services with RouteNote. Also included in the new Logic Pro is the original multitrack project of the hit song “Montero (Call Me by Your Name)” by Lil Nas X with a Dolby Atmos spatial audio mix of the track. Dive in and dissect the various instruments and effect of the track to improve your own music.
All features in Logic Pro have been optimized to take advantage of the power and performance of the new M1 Pro and M1 Max chips in the MacBook Pro. This will allow creators to produce massive spatial audio mixes, quickly load large sample libraries, and use up to 3x as many plug-ins for recording on the new MacBook Pro with M1 Max.
Existing users can update to Logic Pro 10.7 today. New users can download a 90 day free trial here. Logic Pro is $199.99 on the Mac App Store. You’ll need to be running macOS 11.0 or later. See the full update feature set from Apple below.
Spatial Audio Authoring with Dolby Atmos
- Transform your music into a Spatial Audio mix and create Dolby Atmos files compatible with Apple Music
- Work with an enhanced mixer that supports metering and panning for speaker configurations up to 7.1.4
- Position sounds within an immersive sound field using the new 3D Object Panner
- Use the integrated Dolby Atmos renderer plug-in to visualize the 3D objects in your mix, and monitor in multi-channel mode for discrete speakers or binaural mode for headphones
- Access 13 plug-ins that have been expanded to support 7.1.4 channels including Space Designer, Limiter, Tremolo, Flanger, and Phaser
- 8 Producer Packs with royalty-free sounds from today’s biggest hitmakers including Boys Noize, Mark Lettieri, Mark Ronson, Oak Felder, Soulection, Take A Daytrip, Tom Misch, and TRAKGIRL
- Sound Packs feature slap house; modern ambient; and a collection of 808 drum kits, bass samples and loops
- Adds a total of 2800 loops, 50 kits, and 120 Patches
- Original multi-track project of the hit song “MONTERO” by Lil Nas X including a Dolby Atmos Spatial Audio mix
- Refined new design
- Expanded tools for Step Sequencer that enable live step recording, melodic drum pattern editing, and more