Children are getting a whole new look to YouTube which brings with it an enhanced experience for kids of all ages.
YouTube say that they’ve spoken with “parents all over” to find out that kids who love using YouTube want the platform to grow with them as they get older. A big overhaul of YouTube Kids brings an enhanced experience for children of all ages.
Sign in with your Google Account to set up your children’s new YouTube experience:
- Kid profiles to customize your kids’ experience: Now you can create a profile for each of your kids. Even better, kid profiles work across all different devices!
- App design tailored to your kid’s age: When you enter a date of birth on the kid profile, YouTube Kids changes the way the app looks. Younger kids will get less text, while older kids will get more content on the home screens.
- A new setup process: The new app parent setup process will give you detailed information to help you make the right choices for your family before your kids use the app.
- Passcode for kids: Kids can set a secret passcode to get into their profile (and keep their brother or sister out). Don’t worry, you can always override their passcode.
YouTube Kids is now live in 37 countries, has more than 70 billion views in the app, and more than 11 million weekly active viewers.
YouTube say: “We’re looking at ways to build an even better experience for families. Coming soon, we’ll give parents the option to have more content available in the app experience for their child. Our team is working to identify the most relevant content categories for tweens to make the app even more awesome.”
- How many people use YouTube? (2021) - March 2, 2021
- Join RouteNote for a Q&A with our Artist Services and Publishing team – 03/03/21 - March 2, 2021
- Artists taking control: Independent music is growing faster than major labels - March 2, 2021