How Instagram’s new ‘Add Yours’ Story Sticker can increase engagement and exposure to your profile
Image Credit: Instagram
Instagram’s ‘Add Yours’ Sticker creates a public thread where anyone can browse through or add their own Story.
After testing the Sticker in Japan and Indonesia last month, Instagram are now rolling out ‘Add Yours’ globally. Anyone can create ‘Add Yours’ prompts for anything in Instagram Stories, such as #OOTD in the example above. Others can then see who started it, browse the thread or add their own Story. To respond to another’s Sticker, simply tap Add Yours on their Story.
With all of the Stories in one place, the new feature works in a similar way to hashtags or the duet feature in TikTok, that encourages cooperation. Fans love the opportunity to collaborate with the artists they love. For artists, influencers and casual users alike, ‘Add Yours’ Stickers should help boost engagement and exposure from those browsing the thread.
Add Yours = a sticker that creates public threads in Stories 🤝— Instagram (@instagram) November 1, 2021
With custom prompts and public responses, you can share the sticker and see who responds to it in their own Stories. pic.twitter.com/C9AXiFEo92
How to start an ‘Add Yours’ thread
- On the Instagram homepage, swipe right or tap the plus icon in the top right corner to create a new Story.
- Take or upload a picture or video.
- Swipe up or tap the smiley face in the top right corner to browse Stickers.
- Tap ADD YOURS.
- Type a prompt or tap the dice for a random prompt, then tap Done.
- Position the Sticker using two fingers and finish customising the Story.
- Tap Your story to share with all followers or the arrow in the bottom right corner to choose who to send the Story to.
Fancy adding your own music on the Story too? Use RouteNote for free music distribution to all major stores, streaming services and social media platforms, including Instagram.