Finally! A looper pedal that stays in time with your band
Loop pedals allow you to expand on your playing and create larger soundscapes than you ever could on your own and TC Electronic have just perfected the loop pedal.
TC Electronic have just revealed their latest Ditto looper pedal and it introduces possible the greatest function a loop pedal could have – beyond it’s ability to loop. The newly announced Ditto Jam X2 pedal will listen to the music being played around it and keep it’s loop in time with it, eliminating the frustration of getting your loop milliseconds out.
Whilst loop pedals are an incredible tool, especially for solo musicians to create a layered sound, getting the loop in time and then keeping it in time is often an infuriating process – not something you want to have to deal with on the fly or at a gig. The Ditto Jam X2 from TC Electronic uses built-in microphones to listen to the rhythm being played around it and will keep the loop in time internally.
TC Electronic aptly call the feature BeatSense and it will dynamically stretch or compress your loops to fit the tempo all the time you’re playing without losing quality. The pedal even comes with a clip-on mic which you can attach to a rhythmic instrument such as the bass drum so the pedal can tune in to the groove precisely and keep itself in time.
The Ditto Jam X2 does come with a lot of other, really cool features too though. There’s the Groove Guru, a toggle switch which lets you switch quickly between recording, loop playback, and overdubbing for total control over your loops. As well the two stomp switches on the pedal are dedicated to loop recording and stopping loops so there’s no messy confusion over your functions.
Let TC Electronic sell you in their own words with the amazing roster of features that you get with this revolutionary looping pedal:
- Intuitive looper pedal with first ever intelligent loop synchronization that responds to your band
- Innovative responsive BeatSense technology automatically adjusts loop tracks to your beat
- Choose between Record-then-Play or Record-then-Overdub functionalities
- Unlimited overdubs and undo/redo for total creative freedom
- Dual built-in mics accurately track band tempo by focusing only on rhythmic elements
- Included clip-on mic attaches to percussion instruments for total rhythmic precision
- Dedicated stop button for easy control of loop ending
- Analog-Dry-Through maintains total integrity of analog dry signal path even when looper is engaged
- 24-bit uncompressed audio for ultimate sound quality
- True bypass allows for optimum clarity and zero high-end loss when the pedal is off
- Sturdy die-cast metal case designed for life on the road
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Denmark
The Ditto Jam X2 will be available in August for £199. Find out more: www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/DITTO-JAM-X2-LOOPER/p/P0DAT