Image Credit: Instagram
Instagram just updated Link Stickers on Stories allowing anyone to customize the text and color of their links to better fit their aesthetic.
In October, Instagram rolled out Link Stickers globally, letting anyone to add links to their Instagram Stories, regardless of their verification status or the number of followers they have. This is ideal for small artists looking to share links to gig tickets or their music on streaming services, for example, without having to guide fans to the “link in the bio”.
Until now, Link Stickers have been one color and showed the URL, with no option for customization. Last week this changed with Instagram announcing the ability to customize Link Stickers. You can now enter Sticker text which is in place instead of the URL. Viewers will still be able to see the URL destination with a single tap, which should protect users against spam or visiting malicious sites. You can now also easily switch between three color options.
How to customize Instagram Link Stickers
- On Instagram, swipe right or tap the plus icon in the upper right corner to create a new Story.
- Once you have taken or uploaded your image or video, tap the smiley face icon in the upper right corner to access Stickers.
- Choose LINK.
- Type the URL destination and tap Customize sticker text.
- Type the text you want to appear on the Story, then tap Done.
- Tap the Sticker to cycle between colors and drag to place it where you like.
Did you know RouteNote can help you upload your own music to Instagram Stories and other stores, streaming services and social media platforms for free? Every time your music is used, you’ll earn revenue.