Get your profile on Instagram verified so that everyone knows they’re looking at the real deal when they see your photos and images.
Getting verified on Instagram lets everyone know that you’re legitimate. Whether you’re an artist, influencer, person of interest, or anyone with a following it’s important to get that blue tick to show you’re legit.
Applying is easy, so lets look at how you can apply to get verified on Instagram first:
- Open Instagram and go to the page of your profile
- Tap the three lines in the top right corner, opening the menu
- Click the gear at the bottom to open ‘Settings’
- Scroll down to the bottom and you’ll see ‘Request Verification’
- Tap on that and then fill in your details, including a photo as ID if you’re a person, or legal or business ID if you have an Instagram for Business account.
- Press send
Now you just have to wait for Instagram to review your application and respond to you. This may take some time and there is no specified time frame between application and a response.Once Instagram do review your application they will let you know whether it is approved or denied.
Verification is reserved by Instagram for accounts “in the public interest”, meaning you must meet
their community guidelines and also be:
- The real person, brand or entity (obviously)
- You can only verify one account as a person or business (except from special circumstances)
- Your profile must be public (so that, like, people can actually find and see you)
- Your profile must be complete with a bio, profile picture, and one or more posts (don’t sell yourself short)
- Instagram states verified accounts must “represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand, or entity.” (you need to be notable)
If it’s approved you’ll get the glorious verified badge of the blue tick! Now everyone will know you’re no impostor, you’re the official account.