The world’s first completely open-source, full featured professional iOS synthesizer app that can be downloaded at no charge can now be yours.
The AudioKit Synth One is a special mobile app that takes a synth in your pocket to whole new realms. The instrument has been created by volunteers and is completely open source so you can rewrite it and customise it to your hearts content or even build your own synth from it.
The app has been created with sound design and consultancy from a number of esteemed synth techs and engineers who have worked with top artists and makers around the world. The app features MIDI support allowing it to be played on MIDI keyboards and controllers and features a sequencer, vintage-inspired analog filters, expressive arpeggiators, warm analog delays, and over 200 presets to play with.
The AudioKit Synth features:
- Hybrid Analog/FM Poly Synthesizer
- Over 200+ Presets crafted by famous sound designers
- Audiobus 3 & Inter-app Audio (IAA)
- Five Oscillators (2 DCO, FM, Sub, Noise)
- 2 Assignable LFOs with dozens of routing possibilities
- 100+ Alternative Scales & Tunings
- Vintage-Style 16-Step Sequencer
- Classic poly arpeggiator
- MIDI in (Control with a MIDI Keyboard or DAW)
- Touchable ADSR Envelopes for Amp & Filter
- FM Oscillator w/ Mod
- Dedicated Sine/Square -12/24 Sub Osc
- 4-Pole Vintage Low-Pass Filter
- High-Pass/Band Pass Filters
- Mono portamento & legato
- Beautiful Sean Costello Reverb
- Multi-tap (ping-pong) delay
- Preset Import/Export & More…
- Compact app size (under 25mb)
- MIDI Learn on all knobs, MIDI Bank/Patch & Sustain Pedal support
- Full Source code included
The creators will soon also be adding Ableton Link support, AUv3 plugin support for using in an iOS host, and MPE MIDI support for expressive control with the Roli Seaboard and other similarly expressive devices.
You can get the AudioKit Synth One on your iOS device free when it comes out by entering your email at audiokitpro.com/synth.