Image Credit: Sonos
Multi-room wireless home audio experts Sonos extend their home theater line, with an all-new soundbar perfect for TV, music and gaming.
Sonos Ray packs big sound into a compact size. At $279, the new soundbar joins Sonos’ Beam (Gen 2) at $449 and Arc at $899. Available in black and white, Ray houses new innovations, including balaced sound, crisp dialogue and solid bass from four Class-D digital amplifiers, two tweeeters, two high-efficiency midwoofers and a bass reflex system.
As with other Sonos speakers, setup is easy with the Sonos app. Ray can be paired with any other Sonos speakers for multi-room audio, or a pair of Sonos Ones for surround sound ($677 for all three speakers). Connectivity is decent, including WiFi (Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect), ethernet and optical, while existing TV remotes and touch can be used for controls. Beyond television, Sonos Ray is compatible with all of the major streaming services for music, radio, podcasts and audiobooks. Use the Sonos app to adjust the EQ to taste.
- Room-Filling Sound: Custom-designed waveguides project sound from wall to wall, and advanced processing accurately positions elements throughout your room so you feel like you’re at the center of the story.
- Precisely Balanced: A new bass reflex system with a proprietary design delivers thrilling lows with perfectly weighted bass, while custom acoustics precisely harmonize mid and high-range frequencies.
- Tuned to Perfection: Like all Sonos speakers, Ray was tuned with the input of the Sonos Soundboard, a collection of leaders across music, film and more. Fine tune the sound even further with Trueplay to create the ideal listening experience for any room.
- Enhanced Listening: Sonos’ Speech Enhancement ensures even greater clarity so you never miss a word, while Night Sound reduces the intensity of loud effects so you don’t disturb anyone else at home.
- Compact Design: Whether you’re placing it on your media stand or tucking it inside a credenza, Ray’s understated and impressively compact design blends into any space.
- Sustainable Sound: Ray also features our most sustainable design packaging to date, with a gift box and protective cushions that are 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
Homes have become movie theaters, fitness studios, gaming hubs and so much more, all supported by a streaming era that is no longer exclusive to just TV, music and film. Ray makes it easier than ever to enhance those listening experiences, thanks to its smaller size and impressive sound.Patrick Spence, CEO, Sonos
The new soundbar from Sonos, along with its more accessible price point makes it a great option for those setting up their first home theater, or expanding their setup to multiple rooms. Sonos Ray is available to preorder today, with shipping starting on June 7. An optional wall mount can be added for an additional $39.