What we’re looking for
RouteNote is looking to expand the Business Development team and is seeking a driven individual who is keen to learn about music publishing and RouteNote’s roles and objectives within this industry.
RouteNote publishing assists our users with the collection of royalties that are associated with a songs composition. These differ from sound recording royalties which RouteNote and other distributors already collect. The three most common royalties associated with publishing are performance, mechanical and Synchronisation royalties – all of which we are now involved with.
This is a dynamic role that includes but is not limited to;
- Metadata upload and handling – Uploading user works to our partner societies
- Engaging with prospective publishing users in one-to-one meetings – Pitching and negotiating deals and outlining sign up processes
- Statement analysis – Helping the team and users read reports from partners
- Copyright disputes – Conflict resolution within the RouteNote publishing catalogue across partner societies
- User account management – Monitoring and updating user works within the RouteNote system
FULL TRAINING WILL BE GIVEN TO THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to keep to deadlines.
- A basic understanding of royalties would be useful.
- Experience in direct contact with users would be helpful.
- Youre keen on working in either our head office in Truro or a mix of home and office.
- You care which sometimes means putting yourself out there for a customer experiencing pain.
- You have a passion for music and are willing to undergo training.
- Dog friendly office
- Free onsite parking
- Generous annual leave entitlement (28 days holidays plus bank holidays).
- Bright vibrant office environment
- EAP access
- Social events
- Onsite games rooms
- Hybrid working
- 35 hour working week
We’re a social, friendly bunch here at RouteNote. If you would like more information on the role please contact Posy Brooks (Head of People & Culture) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline Monday 24 July 2023
Interviews will be held w/c 01 August 2023