Who are we
RouteNote empowers musicians and creators through providing fundamental technology and marketing reach to leverage the power of the internet to engage with their fans worldwide.
Routenote is one of the most exciting creative communities within the music industry. It started as an extension of a little recording studio in Redruth, Cornwall but with a vision to shape the transformation of the music industry. Years later, built on this core value, RouteNote is designing, producing and developing multiple online platforms for music makers and content creators alike. Some of our platforms include RouteNote, PUSH.fm, Synchedin and Tunedex etc. We have teams across the world in the UK, Bulgaria, Korea and India. You will join our UK team based in Truro, Cornwall.
Why this role
- Shape the future of the music industry – we’re working on platforms that empower independent music makers and content creators through creativity, collaboration, marketing, distribution and management. Our platforms are open to anyone, anywhere and you can help us create a world where millions of people are more creative, fulfilled and inspired.
- Design diverse and impactful experiences from end to end – Our interests are wide and deep! Think about designing features that do something for our creative community of artists. We have endless things that you can own from ideation through implementation.
- Work within a progressive team – We have an incredibly talented and passionate team that is a lot of fun to work with. We’re still super small but have accomplished more than teams way bigger. Because we’re still a super small team everyone gets to work on impactful problems, take ownership over designing new features and wear many hats.
- Join us at an exciting time – You’ve joined at the perfect time to shape what we build and how we grow. Have an active role in your career progression. You’ll also learn and grow a ridiculous amount.
We are looking for
We are looking for a product designer to help us improve user experience as part of our core product team. You will have the chance to experience the end to end process of enhancing products and give the best possible music management experience to our users. As a UI/UX designer you will have ownership over your own work, taking the lead in designing exceptional experiences and managing them through with other teams. You will collaborate with our cross-functional teams including the marketing department, designers, product managers and developers to tackle complex challenges and craft intuitive experiences, new features and new functionalities. You are a creative technical thinker with the desire to contribute to a shared goal. You have a sharp intuition for how people use and wish they could use products. You must be able to move fast and think faster as you engage, collaborate, and innovate in a fast-growing department.
Ideal candidate should have
- 2+ years of experience in the design industry working closely with product and engineering teammates to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Responsive/cross-platform design skills
- Strong portfolio with presentable case studies showcasing a strong foundation in product sense, idea generation, typography, interaction and visual design.
- Up to date with the latest web trends, techniques and technologies.
- You love thinking holistically: your considerations are beyond pretty UI and include thinking about the implications of your designs, what’s most effective towards helping users and what’s best for the business and how to balance speed and craft.
- You’re a masterful communicator and storyteller, able to draw people in and enhance understanding through design and written language.
- Expertise with design tools and other prototyping tools. We are using Sketch and Plant.
- Strong visual skills (typography, colour, grid systems etc.)
- Experience designing native apps, web and other devices
- You’re a generalist at heart. You don’t define yourself by a single skill.
- Experience working in agile, delivering high quality work consistently
- You have a wide range of interests and love learning new things. You consider yourself a multidisciplinary thinker.
- Solid understanding of the full product life cycle (discover, design, text, ship and iterate).
- Lead the design process of your projects from conceptualisation to implementation, working together with other designers, product managers and engineers
- Own new product features from start to finish. Idea, user research, experience design, pixel-perfect visuals, and maybe even front end implementation.
- Define user flows, wireframes, low and high fidelity mockups, detailed interaction specs and prototypes to communicate interaction and design effectively
- Conduct research or competitor analysis to solve design decision and evaluate your designs
- Solve ux problems such as usability, findability using a creative approach
- Define consistent ui components and interfaces based on our guidelines
- Work with other designers synergistically to continually raise the bar for the product’s design quality
- Taking feedback from various teams and iterating on the solution whilst maintaining positive communication.
- Tell stories. Routenote is pioneering an entirely new way to learn online – create materias and stories that help break the prevalent perceptions of online content creation.
- Constantly learn from musicians about how they wish they could interact with routenote and think through how we should evolve.
- Practice of design thinking and exercise analytical, synthetic, divergent and convergent thinking to create a wide number of potential solutions filtering down to a ‘best fit’ solution.
- Brand development, working within existing brand guidelines to create meaningful content
- Purpose sets the foundation – No matter what the situation, it is important to understand the essence of it. Always ask.
- Make it easy – Avoid overcomplicating things.
- It’s all about you – We always put our community and team first.
- Hit us where it hurts – If there is a problem, say so.
What’s on offer
You will join a group of passionate people working on the cutting edge of tech-focused advertising and product development.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working
- Honest salary according to your experience and profile
- Social activities and team building excursions
- Various wellbeing schemes
- Working in a dynamic, exciting, passion fuelled company.
- Fast moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn and grow
- Opportunity to progress and shape career