Legends in music production tools, Native Instruments are back with a new plugin that offers vast, studio-quality delay with five different flexible and deep delay modes.
Replika XT is the new effect plugin from Native Instruments (NI) that offers a load of advanced, high quality tools at an affordable price. It features five different delay modes, each modelled to provide “crisp digital repeats, analog warmth, and experimental textures”.
The customisation allows you to go deep into your mix and accurately control your delay sounds for the exact sound you’re going for. The interface is easy on the eyes but not lacking in features with knobs to control your mix and feedback, multiple knobs for additional effects and of course your delay parameters.
Replika XT features 5 different delay modes:
- Modern – Delivers clean, precise, controllable repeats
- Vintage Digital – Offers warm, crunchy repeats modelled after early samplers and digital delays
- Analogue – Replicates the dark, hazy sound of analog bucket-brigade pedals
- Tape – Provides the organic quality of famous tape echo units and the punchy, smooth sound of tape
- Diffusion – Swirling reverberant echoes that no physical space can provide… Something entirely its own
Here’s what NI say about their new plugin:
Easy to repeat
Replika XT makes it easy to create sophisticated rhythms, widen your mix, or explore a universe of sound design possibilities. Use the pattern controls to quickly create rhythmic repeats that shift organically with the music. Dial in the perfect stereo image with panning for each delay and dry signal, or adjust ducking time to keep percussive hits tight – uncompromising control at a glance.
Seven steps to effection
Combine the delay modes with pristine effects to produce classic mixing tricks, and add shimmer, dimension, and motion to your music. Replika XT includes seven time-based and pitch effects to add to your repeats. Or turn the delay down and use them on their own.
Replika XT also features some custom presets from professional artists, including:
- Richard Devine
- Roger Lyons (Lionrock, engineer/programmer for Kaiser Chiefs, New Order, and Ultravox)
- Marcus Byrne (keyboards/programmer for Take That, ELO, Gary Barlow, and Annie Lennox)
- Chris Shaw (producer/engineer for Bob Dylan, Public Enemy, Ween, SFA)
- TOM and His Computer (Lulu Rouge)
Replika XT is available now for Windows and Mac and works with “any host / DAW as a plug in”. If you have the original Replika you can get a discounted upgrade for £44/$49/€49. Replika XT costs £89/$99/€99 with a free demo available from the NI site.