There are three ways to quickly turn up or down your Amazon Echo’s volume. Each is suited to different situations.
1. “Alexa, volume 5.”
The easiest way to change the volume is using voice commands. There are several commands you can use, for example:
- “Alexa, what’s the volume?” – volume ranges from 0-10
- “Alexa, set the volume to 5”
- “Alexa, increase the volume by 5”
- “Alexa, increase the volume by 50 percent”
2. Physical buttons
If Alexa can’t hear you or you don’t want to shout, just tap the volume buttons or dial on top of the speaker.
3. Alexa app
The least convenient way to adjust the volume is using the app. This could be useful if you’re in a different room or want finer adjustments. When music is playing:
- Head to the ‘Amazon Alexa’ app
- Tap ‘Devices’, then ‘Echo & Alexa’
- Find your device
- Adjust using the slider