Fender’s Meteora guitar is a Parallel Universe Jazzmaster
Fender’s Parallel Universe range takes Fenders iconic sounds and shapes and recreates them in bold and unique new designs that will grab your eyes then grabs your eyes.
Possibly the most striking of Fender’s new, aptly named, Parallel Universe range of guitars for 2018 is the Meteora. It’s offset design seems familiar at first but the harder you look the more you see how this bottom heavy guitar is nothing like what you’ve seen before.
You can see inspirations from all over Fender’s storied history of guitar designs in the Meteora and their notorious quality build means the ash body and maple neck perform as smoothly and beautifully as you’d except from a Fender. The appearance is striking and offers up retro influences in its 1960s C neck profile and gloss nitro lacquer finish.
Two Custom Shop Tele pickups give the Meteora a bite that’s almost as strong as it’s bark. There’s a Custom Shop vintage-style Tele pickup at the bridge and a Custom Shop Twisted Tele pickup at the neck for a diverse and powerful sound. Fender describe the Meteora as “elegantly functional” with it’s American Professional Tele bridge with compensated brass saddles, custom black singleply pickguard and chrome dome knobs.
Fender describe this new, out-there guitar as: “A brave new entry with one foot in our past and eyes to our future, The Meteora is the newest way to explore your creative limits.” The guitar comes with hardshell case and Certificate of Authenticity and will set you back £1,609/$1,999. Check out it’s full specs below:
- Series: Limited Edition
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, Mid ‘60s “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin-Lacquer Back, Gloss-Lacquer Front
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Blocks (Maple)
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 3-Saddle, Strings-Through-Body Tele with Compensated Brass Saddles, 6 screw mounting with removable modern “Ashtray” Bridge Cover
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Pickups: Custom Shop Vintage-Style Tele Single Coil (Bridge), Custom Shop “Twisted” Single-Coil Tele (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)