Image Credit: Meta
A new video from Head of Instagram Adam Mosseri and a blog post from Meta outlines the new monetization tools on Facebook and Instagram.
The video below highlights some of the improvements Instagram are making designed to help creators make a living on-platform. These include:
- IG Creator Marketplace – The Creator Marketplace is a new space for creators to find brands and brands to find creators, right on Instagram. This makes it easier for creators and businesses to find suitable partners, with payments handled right on the app.
- Reels – Soon creators will be able to proactively cross-post Reels to Instagram and Facebook, enabling creators to access all of the creator monetization tools on Facebook, such as overlay ads and Facebook bonuses.
- NFTs – Part of Meta’s vision of the Metaverse, non-fungible tokens are expanding to select countries outside of the US. You can find Facebook’s new guide on NFTs here.
- No Fees – Facebook and Instagram are expanding the period where they take no fees from creators on various tools like Subscriptions, Badges, Paid Online Events and Bulletin, beyond 2022, to the end of 2023.
These updates come on top of recent announcements from Facebook, including opening Facebook Stars and the Reels Play bonus program to more creators in more countries.
📣 Creator Updates 📣— Adam Mosseri (@mosseri) June 29, 2022
We want Instagram to be the best place for creators to make a living doing what they love.
To deliver on this goal, we have some exciting updates in these key areas coming soon:
– IG Creator Marketplace
– No Feeshttps://t.co/jLaJi2uJwc pic.twitter.com/QOZdUOMb9s