Yamaha have just started accepting entries to their 2018 #FUTUREBEAT competition to find the best young drummers and give them a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Yamaha are on the search to find the next generation’s John Bonham with their #FUTUREBEAT competition. The competition is open to drummers aged between 13-15 years and the overall winner will earn a Yamaha Tour Custom series drum kit and perform at the London Drum Show this year thanks to Yamaha’s new partnership with Rhythm Magazine.
To enter it’s as simple as filming yourself playing drums, preferably something that shows of your talent and unique chops, and upload it somewhere online. Then send an email with a link to the video to your nearest participating location in the UK from the following:
- Glasgow, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Washington, Tyne & Wear, email@example.com
- Manchester, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Birmingham, email@example.com
- Cardiff, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fareham, Hampshire, email@example.com
- Romford, London, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colchester, Essex, email@example.com
64 drummers will be selected from all the entries to play 2 songs in front of friends, family and the public at one of #FUTUREBEAT’s regional finals. The regional winners will win a Yamaha snare drum and a position to compete in the grand final which will be held at Yamaha’s Music UK Headquarters in Milton Keynes.
The grand finalists will get personal mentoring sessions with some of the top professional drummers from around the country. The grand finalists will perform with a professional band of front of an “eminent judging panel” who will decide which drummer has earned the top position in #FUTUREBEAT 2018.
The closing date for entries is the 26th August, 11:59 PM Western European Time (UTC). To enter for your region click a link to see the email address for your closest location:
- Monday 10 September – Drummers Only, Glasgow
- Tuesday 11 September – Drum Shop, Washington, Tyne & Wear
- Wednesday 12 September – Manchester, PMT
- Thursday 13 September – Birmingham, PMT
- Monday 17 September – Drum Depot, Cardiff
- Tuesday 18 September – Graham Russell Drums, Fareham, Hampshire
- Wednesday 19 September – PMT, Romford, London
- Thursday 19 September – Sound Attak, Colchester, Essex
- How many people use YouTube? (2021) - March 2, 2021
- Join RouteNote for a Q&A with our Artist Services and Publishing team – 03/03/21 - March 2, 2021
- Artists taking control: Independent music is growing faster than major labels - March 2, 2021