Akai are helping you solve the constant struggle of being buried in wire coffins under your rig with their 2 new MIDI controllers which work wirelessly.
Akai have once again proved their position as affordable innovators by introducing 2 new Bluetooth powered MIDI controllers that eliminate the need for wires (though you can still use USB connection of course). The two wireless additions to Akai’s range include the LPK25, a 25-key MIDI keyboard.controller, and the LDP8, a compact MIDI controller.
Both controllers use the powerful, energy-saving Bluetooth 4.0 LE protocol to connect to computers and mobile devices. To use them wirelessly they both require 3 AA batteries .
Recognizing the need for a wireless keyboard that doesn’t sacrifice functionality or versatility, the new LPK25 Wireless takes portability and feature-rich performance to the next level with its Bluetooth MIDI connectivity, allowing players to control their plug-in instruments from anywhere in the room, providing the ultimate in studio setup flexibility.
Akai Professional’s product manager Dan Gill said: “The LPK25 Wireless delivers exactly what mobile producers and performers have been waiting for – a great-sounding, versatile, compact keyboard coupled with complete freedom of motion and no cords to get in the way. This unit sets the player free, while retaining all the performance and feel they demand. The LPK25 Wireless really redefines what portability is all about.”
- Supports Bluetooth MIDI for iOS and Mac OS X
- USB-MIDI controller works with virtually all audio software
- 25 velocity-sensitive mini-keyboard keys
- Arpeggiator, sustain pedal input, octave up and down and tap tempo controls
- Plug-and-play USB connection for Mac and PC; no driver installation required
- Four programmable memory banks
- Comes with editor software for Mac and PC
The LPD8’s six UI buttons and eight assignable slim-design pots deliver a truly versatile range of performance and control options. The newly added Full Level button guarantees your pad performances are loud, clear and at an equal velocity, when even volume is a must.
The LPD8 Wireless also has a Note Repeat button, perfect for the dance music performer who loves creating build-ups before the drop. Artists can use the NR Config button to control and fine tune Swing and Time Division parameters.
- MIDI over Bluetooth to iOS, Mac OS X and Windows
- USB MIDI, works with virtually any music software or DAW
- 8 backlit velocity-sensitive drum pads to send note or program changes
- 8 assignable knobs for controlling virtually any parameter
- 4 programmable memory banks
- Editing software for Mac and PC included
- Plug-and-play USB connection for Mac and PC, no driver required
Paired with Akai Professional’s new LPK25 Wireless Bluetooth MIDI-enabled keyboard, these two controllers form an outstanding combo of wireless musical portability. The musical possibilities for mobile producers and performers are virtually unlimited.
The Akai LPK25 and LPD8 will be on sale from next month for $99 each.