Traktor Pro 3.1 is now going live and it has now been officially announced.
Traktor Pro 3.1 has a lot of great changes – including visual addtions, S4 MK3 standalone mixer mode, a new mapping control for S8 and D2 controllers, and a lot of other smaller changes.
- ADDED Parallel Waveforms: Two new deck size “Parallel Full” and “Parallel Slim” have been added, which optionally replace the side by side waveforms by stacked ones. The parallel options can be enabled for decks A & B and decks C & D separately in the preferences. A layout preset “Parallel” will be added to the user’s list layouts.
- ADDED Single Deck View: The number of visible decks can now be set to “1”, which provides a single deck view with the waveform spreading across the full width of the screen to be used for set preparation. A layout preset “Preparation” will be added to the user’s list of layouts.
- ADDED Duplicate in Layout Manager: A button allowing to duplicate an existing layout has been added to the Layout preferences.
- ADDED Custom Mapping for S8 and D2: Individual controls on the Kontrol S8 and the Kontrol D2 can now be custom mapped (over-mapped) via the Controller Manager.\
- ADDED Non-Destructive File Handling: A set of options called “Tag writing mode” has been added to the File Management preferences to configure which types of metadata Traktor does write and does not write into the audio files.
- ADDED Tooltips in Preferences and a toggle icon in Application Header: Tooltips are now also available for all preferences panels. Tooltips can be switched on/off in the Global Settings preferences as well as the Global Section. (Editor’s note: it does not appear that there are any tooltips in the Controller Manager section – easily the most confusing page of the preferences)
- IMPROVED Insert new track to analysis queue: A new un-analysed track loaded into a deck is now prioritized over an analysis queue running in the background.
- FIXED Keyboard Shortcuts non-functional when exiting Preferences or dialogs
The search string in the upper right corner of the browser pane has been grown bigger to improve its readability.
- FIXED Search by KEY broken: Search by KEY via the refined search dropdown is functional.
- FIXED D2/S8: Sample Pitch Control Broken: The sample pitch control via the display knobs is functional again on KONTROL D2/S8.