Do you need to spice up your guitar a bit and give it some texture that it’s missing by going straight through your jack into your sound-card and onto metaphorical paper? Check out this free amp plugin.
Recording guitar is as easy as plugging your guitar into your laptop these days but if you’re going clean into your software you need some help to get those tasty licks sounding tastier. This new free amp simulator plugin offers you a range of quality tones and the best thing of all, it’s entirely free.
The simulator comes from Blue Cat who have based the 3-in-1 free amp plugin on their acclaimed, wicked-sounding Destructor amp simulation modeler. Destructor is Blue Cat’s powerful distortion and amp sim with an incredible sounding range to it’s distortion and amp tones. The Blue Cat Free Amp uses the same engine to give you a taste of just what the Destructor is capable of in the shape of 3 adjustable amps: Classic Clean, Classic Drive, and Modern Drive.
Blue Cat Audio say:
Inspired by legendary guitar amplifiers from the real world, the included “classic clean”, “classic drive” and “modern drive” amp models cover a wide range of guitar amp tones, from clean vintage sounds from the early days of electric guitar to modern high gain metal tones.
Head over to Blue Cat’s website now and nab your free amp simulators and start shredding with a whole new tone built into your PC. No registration required, just head to the site and download the appropriate version from the right-hand of the screen: www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_FreeAmp
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-AU, Mac-VST, Mac-VST3, Win-AAX, Win-VST, Win-VST3, Win x64-AAX, Win x64-VST, Win x64-VST3.
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.
- Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation.
- Customizable user interface with transparency management and zoom.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances using the system clipboard.
- Any sample rate supported.