Free plugins are everywhere but truly spectacular virtual instruments full of amazing sound, range and capability are a dime a dozen – and here’s the latest gem.
Pendulate is a new chaotic oscillator synth packed full of possible sounds from Newfangled Audio. Eventide are offering the synth to anyone for free to discover possibility of sound synthesis within and use it anyway you like.
The chaotic oscillator powering the sounds within Pendulate is based on a double pendulum, hence the name. Using the patterns that a pendulum creates, the sounds within this virtual synth are powered on feedback loops and fractals to create a range of unique and often gorgeous sounds.
- Novel chaotic oscillator based on the double pendulum makes sounds you’ve never heard before, but will want to hear again
- Wavefolder based on the one in the Buchla 259 Complex Waveform Generator, adding MIX and CUTOFF
- Low Pass Gate based on the Buchla 292 adds controls for POLES and RESONANCE
- Innovative modulation UI allows modulation over every control from the main page, allowing up to 169 simultaneous modulation routings
- MPE support allows amazing control from innovative new controllers
- Envelope and LFO each have multiple outputs generated at once, like a modular synth should
- Modulation! Every mod output to every control means up to 221 modulation points in an intuitive single pane
- Animations! The Double Pendulum, Wavefolder, and Low Pass Gate modules each have animations to show how each module responds to your input, and to modulation
- Three unique color schemes to customize your look
- 136 Presets including artist presets from Matt Lange and Matthew Wang