Image Credit: Techivation
Techivation T-Exciter “brings life to sounds” by musically brightening the highs and adding both width and depth to your sound.
Any plugins that empower us to save our precious time while we produce our recordings are more welcome than the in-laws. Well, Tecivation specialises in this particular arena.
They’re relatively new to the plugin scene, but they bring a lot to the market. Testament to that is their new plugin T-Exciter: a plugin that gives us “magical results quickly”.
With just a few settings, Techivation T-Exciter allows you to bring your sound to life quickly and effectively.
Moreover, where you may think to use an EQ to enhance your sound, T-Exciter’s simple and tidy interface removes the need for processor-hungry plugins. Whether you’re a Windows or macOS user, T-Exciter is optimised for low CPU consumption.
T-Exciter has four Effect Modes where each gives our sounds and recordings different characteristics.
- Shine makes our sounds sharper by enhancing sonic details.
- Air, as you may have guessed, adds “natural” air to our sound with a musical overtone.
- Wet glues different sounds together by adding “overall excitement” – perfect for grouped instruments.
- Crisp allows sound to cut through our mix and brings them to the front.
And additional controls and buttons give us more control over the final effect.
- Width widens the stereo image of sounds, instruments, groups to add “dramatic or subtle” depth and width.
- Undo/Redo allow us to undo mistakes quickly, removing the risk of losing desirable settings.
- A/B Switch is an onboard referee control for easily comparing different settings.
- Mix adjusts the wet/dry mix of the two input/output signals – perfect for parallel processing.
Adding both richness and crispness to your mix has never been more instantaneous. Furthermore, you can add more definition to your sounds, instruments and groups and bring them to the front of your mixdown with a simplified workflow.
Whether guitars, vocals, drums, or key-based instruments, you can enhance the distinct tones of these sounds. Meanwhile, you can glue your grouped instruments together and add more energy by making the little details bigger.
Finally, T-Exciter reduces aliasing by running the internal process at a sample rate up to 16 X faster than the host for optimal sound quality.
Price and availability
Techivation T-Exciter is now available for $29 as an introductory price, whereas $39 will be the regular price.
The plugin is compatible with Windows 7+ in 32 / 64-bit VST and VST3, and 64-bit AAX.
It’s also compatible with macOS X 10.11+ in 64bit VST, VST3, AU and 64-bit AAX with Native M1 support.