Spotify’s most-streamed songs and podcasts of summer 2021
Image Credit: Spotify
As the Northern Hemisphere’s summer draws to a close, Spotify lists the songs and shows that soundtracked our beach days and road trips.
Songs of the Summer
With over 600 million streams globally between May 29 and August 22, Spotify’s official Song of the Summer 2021 is “good 4 u” by “drivers license” breakout star Olivia Rodrigo. As well as globally, “good 4 u” also topped the chart in markets such as the U.S., Australia, Canada, Ireland, Singapore, the U.K., South Africa and the United Arab Emirates. Released in May 14, “good 4 u” has since been added to more than 18 million playlists and inspired more than 325,000 user-generated playlist titles, including 1,500+ “like a damn sociopath” playlists and 700+ “happy and heathly” playlists. The second most-streamed song of summer 2021 comes from Eurovision winner Måneskin with their hit “Beggin’“.
Less than a year after the show came to Spotify exclusively, bringing a whole load of controversy with it, The Joe Rogan Experience takes the top spot for the most-streamed podcast globally between May 29 and August 22. Taking the second spot is true crime, mystery podcast Crime Junkie, followed by Alex Cooper’s Spotify exclusive Call Her Daddy, news show The Daily, with Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard in fifth place.
Stream and save the Songs of Summer 2021 playlist on Spotify here. Find the full songs and podcasts lists below.
Most-streamed songs of the summer globally (based on streams from May 29 through August 22, 2021):
- “good 4 u” by Olivia Rodrigo
- “Beggin’” by Måneskin
- “Todo De Ti” by Rauw Alejandro
- “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)” by Lil Nas X
- “Kiss Me More (feat. SZA)” by Doja Cat
- “STAY (with Justin Bieber)” by The Kid LAROI
- “Yonaguni” by Bad Bunny
- “Bad Habits” by Ed Sheeran
- “Butter” by BTS
- “Levitating (feat. DaBaby)” by Dua Lipa
- “deja vu” by Olivia Rodrigo
- “I WANNA BE YOUR SLAVE” by Måneskin
- “Peaches (feat. Daniel Caesar & Giveon)” by Justin Bieber
- “traitor” by Olivia Rodrigo
- “Qué Más Pues?” by J Balvin, Maria Becerra
- “Save Your Tears (with Ariana Grande) (Remix)” by The Weeknd
- “drivers licence” by Olivia Rodrigo
- “happier” by Olivia Rodrigo
- “Leave The Door Open” by Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak, Silk Sonic
- “Astronaut In The Ocean” by Masked Wolf
Top podcasts of the summer globally (based on number of listeners from May 29 through August 22, 2021):
- The Joe Rogan Experience
- Crime Junkie
- Call Her Daddy
- The Daily
- Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard
- Gemischtes Hack
- TED Talks Daily
- Anything Goes with Emma Chamberlain
- Audience Wellness Services
- NPR News Now
See how Spotify’s Songs of Summer line up with their predictions from June.