Image Credit: Softube
Softube Wasted Space is a new lo-fi reverb effect coming to you from the labs of “the Swedish masters of dsitortion”.
Wasted Space is an “instant and extreme lo-fi digital reverb plugin for creative production and sound design”.
This new release by Softube presents a retro-futuristic interface with ’80s aliasing artefacts. Pop and electronic genres have been paying homage to 80s music with retro synths making their way back into pop culture. As a result, manufacturers introduce digital products that empower us to recreate classic sounds and atmospheres. Now, Wasted Space is here to join that machine.
Softube Wasted Space
Wasted Space offers an inspiring retro-futuristic interface and the authentic ‘80saliasing artefacts currently on-trend in pop and electronic genres. Features like variable sample rate and selectable aliasing filter type let users effortlessly bring elements forward in a mix and quickly find their lo-fi sweet spot.Softube
Wasted Space includes modules for the company’s Eurorack platform Softube Modular and their pro audio guitar and bass platform Amp Room.
Therefore you can utilise this plugin across a number of excellent-sounding in-house platforms. All with superb Softube sound quality. Go from lackluster to out-of-this-world in a flash with Wasted Space from Softube.
Wasted Space features
- Intentional exaggeration of aliasing artefacts that were present in early digital reverbs.
- Variable sample rate and selectable aliasing filter types let you quickly find your ideal lo-fi vibe.
- High pass filter to reduce low-end rumble.
- Pre delay and time sliders to effortlessly adjust traditional reverb parameters.
- Dry/wet slider for finding the perfect balance on a track or going completely wet on a bus.
- Featuring Softube Extended Features for even more control.
Price and availability
Softube Wasted Space is available for Windows and Mac in VST/VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats. You can get it now at an intro price of $35 until July 31st, after which it’ll be $59.