Roland’s AIRA series’ MX-1 Mix Performer is designed to be your central hub for all of your electronic music gear with inputs for a wide variety of your electronic tools and enough alterable effects and settings to satisfy nearly all of your mixing desires.
The MX-1 has dozens of features that make it so much more than your ordinary mixer, here’s what you get with it:
- 18 channel performance mixer with step-sequenced FX, transport, and tempo control
- Three kinds of step-sequenced Beat FX (Filter, Side Chain, Slicer) with TR-style buttons
- Six kinds of Master FX (48 variations) with large performance control knob
- Beat FX and Master FX can be applied to any or all inputs; Beat FX are per channel
- Combi mode rhythmically alternates the Master FX using the step-sequencer
- Four AIRA Link USB ports support audio, MIDI, sync, and bus power (on Port 3) for AIRA gear
- Mix mode provides six analog, one digital (stereo), four AIRA (stereo) , and two PC channels through mixer and FX
- External mode provides 18 channels from DAW through mixer and FX (all inputs direct to DAW)
- Control Surface mode for full DAW control via MIDI
- DJ-style cue monitoring, quick mutes, and six fader curves per channel
- Per-channel Tone/Filter knob with ten kinds of EQs, filters, and isolators
- Transport and tempo control with fine, shuffle, and tap-tempo functions
- Instantly save and recall complete setups including all FX configurations
- Ableton Live Lite is included
Below you can watch a short tutorial and preview the power of the MX-1:
AIRA gear is intuitive and easy to learn. It’s part of what makes it so musically inspiring. But it also has a deep bag of tricks, and these can take time to discover and master. Whether you’re curious about what AIRA can do, or just wondering where to begin, these videos provide a strong base for further exploration.
This video is a short tutorial on the MX-1 Mix Performer. The MX-1 Mix Performer brings together your synths, drum machines, loops, DAW tracks, and more into a single performance-optimized mixing instrument. Combining elements of a mixer, control surface, audio interface, and step-based effector, the MX-1 is designed to be the nerve center of your electronic music rig. It’s a mixer you can play – and so much more.