And Vinyly is a new company that wants to help you stay close to the dead through the power of music, and the power of putting their cremated ashes into a vinyl record.
‘And Vinyly’ is a UK company started by Jason Leach over 6 years ago that puts the ashes of your loved ones into vinyl records for a unique way to remember them. The company accepts ashes, whether it be a whole person, just a body part (for burials and accidents), and pets for their musical, posthumous transformation.
The company takes a light-hearted approach to the morbid service, even offering ‘FUNeral’ packages where they will host your funeral with music and jokes. And Vinyly has “10 steps to immortality” when you use their services, step 6 is a goody.
- Confirm with us your location and the viability of these services in your area
- Identify a family member or a chosen representative who will accompany you (your ashes) to the pressing of your records
- Establish audio and cover art content
- Attend the mastering of your record
- Receive playable proof sample of your record and cover
- Get Cremated
- Your family member or chosen representative books and attends the sprinkling and pressing of your records
- Your chosen recipients will be sent details of where to collect their copy of your personal record
- Live on from beyond the groove
It’s not a cheap way to be remembered but it’s certainly a way to make sure you’re never forgotten. The price of getting your remains vinylized starts at around £3000.
A recent video detailing the efforts of a man trying to preserve his mother’s recollections that she had recorded before death and finding the perfect solution in And Vinyly shows the emotional benefits of the company and how it can be used not just as a novelty but as a beautiful memory of those who have passed.
Check the site out for yourself and, if you’re interested, sign up to be turned into vinyl from: www.andvinyly.com