According to Amazon, a recently issued firmware update for their Echo Buds can cause overheating while in the charging case.
The email from Amazon urges users to update again as soon as possible to fix this safety issue.
We recently determined that in very rare cases it is possible for Echo Buds to overheat while in the charging case. Out of an abundance of caution, we have released a software update that addresses this potential safety risk and improves the long-term performance of Echo Buds’ batteries.
It’s great to see Amazon identify and fix an issue so quickly. Many Google Pixel Buds users are still experiencing cutouts and awaiting a fix from Google.
Echo Buds are Amazon’s truly wireless earbuds featuring:
- Immersive sound: premium speaker drivers deliver crisp, dynamic audio. Bose Active Noise Reduction Technology and sealed in-ear design limits background noise.
- Hands free with Alexa: Echo Buds work with the Alexa app to stream music, play Audible audiobooks, make calls or check your calendar – just ask.
- Access other assistants: provides access to Siri or Google Assistant from a supported device – just press and hold your earbud.
- Long-lasting battery: get up to 5 hrs’ music playback per charge, up to 2 hrs with a quick 15-minute charge and up to 20 hrs with the charging case.
- Customisable fit for better sound: Multiple sizes of ear tips help form a comfortable in-ear seal for immersive listening. The Ear Tip Sizing Test in the Alexa app can help ensure the right fit for the best sound.
- Exercise ready: sweat resistant with a secure fit that’s made to move with you.
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills: get a guided workout, order a taxi or even takeaway, all hands free.
- Designed to protect your privacy: Built with multiple layers of privacy protections and controls, including the ability to mute the microphones with the Alexa app.